• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Limited Slip Friction modifier.

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Is there a "preferred" friction modifier for a D44 limited slip or are all the modifiers basically the same?

I'll move to a soft locker in front in the near future, but for now want the best I can get out of the LS.

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
There is nothing soft about a soft locker, I have one in the rear and when going around a corner if you unload it it will pop so bad you'll think you snapped a axle, it would be hell on the front axle u joints.

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
Two bottles for a new unit and one for a used one. All modifiers are basically the same except for motorcraft which is preferred.

OP
OP
Banjer Picker

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
There is nothing soft about a soft locker, I have one in the rear and when going around a corner if you unload it it will pop so bad you'll think you snapped a axle, it would be hell on the front axle u joints.

I've actually got a Detroit in the rear already. A little wonky on the street but I'm ok with it. Upgraded my front axles n u joints so I think I'll be ok up there with a locker too (famous last words right?) lol

Thanks for the feedback gents.