• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone interested in a mass buy on Custom Bronco Neon signs?

Bigtex76

Loc.
Plano, Texas
I'm game. Get a price and a lead time for 50, 100, 200 like the rest of the gang has said and we'll go from there.

pharmin06

There was a fella on here under a garage art thread or something but I can't find it now. It was the bronco script and it had tinted plexiglas behind it. Anyway he gave me the guys info and when I called he wanted between 800-1000 bucks. I'm sure a hundred or two is out of the question? But I have wanted one since so i hope it works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Signs are what we do.....at least part of it. When the basic design is finalized, I can get a quote together. As for as neon, shipping is an issue, and let's work through some material cost....at costs: Transformer with pull chain switch - $55, Plexiglas or steel frame work to attach neon and transformer to - $20-45, tube supports and terminal insulators - $10, neon glass, electrodes, and gas - $10. These estimates are based on something like a neon beer window sign....as far as size. Here is at least $115 is material cost with no labor cost.

I know you can buy mass produced neon signs for $200 dollars or less, but they are made in Mexico or China. These mass producers probably would not be interested in a quantity of 100, but you can try. The quality neon signs we manufacture probably start at $450-500 and the profit margin on those are incredibly low.

I'm sure there are some more sign manufacturers on this forum that can add more intelligence to this thread.

One option that is available, and we are manufacturing these, are LED illumination; it just doesn't look as classy as neon if the illumination is direct....

Press On!!!

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am always looking for another neon sign for my man cave.

Tram

Bronco Guru
Fordfan - I think most guys want the Bronco script. Could you work up a quote?

OP
OP
00gyrhed

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Dont misread this as anger, I just dont have the time to suger coat this.

1. For those of you unable to grasp the concept of reading and following directions here are the pictures from the first post.

2. For those of you that keep saying you think the script is the way to go then go do it. Fine start your own mass buy. That has been mass produced I have seen it on e-bay in fact. If I am stuck with running it it will be my way and my way only. If someone wants to take this over and set up a mass buy for the script then go do it . Heck I might even buy one. :)

I have been quiet because I they have not responded. I nudged them today but I will be out of town for a week and wont be able to act on this. Once I get back if I do not have a response from these people I will go see a friend of my sisters from high school that makes neon signs.

Once I get a commitment and pricing from a sign company I will start a new thread for the actual buy in. Silly me I ended up with two threads going with two sets of people answering. :) Dont really even know how many are actually interested.

To address price those of you that thought this would be a $100 sign NOT!

The mass produced Mustang sign retails for more than $200. I doubt we will be able to beat $250 and I expect it to be at least $300. Yes they have already told me it might go to China or Mexico if we had 100 or more. WHich might mean you could get a $150 sign, so either buck up and buy American or get cheap and buy Mexican or Chinese. Matters not to me I just want a sign and I will probqably get one made even if its only one.

Yes shipping will be an issue. I will not be responsible for all that I SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE TIME. If we cant work out something direct from them, someone else wil lhave to step up and handle shipping. I would rather pay $500 for a $100 sign than deal with all the crap involved with shipping 100 or more neon signs. If someone wants to deal with this i say we just split the cost of their sign among the mass buy and let them have a free sign. I didnt start this to make money or get a free sign for myself.

I would actually rather just buy in to a mass buy.

But we dont know anything until they respond.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 10