• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone interested in sliding ragtop mass buy

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

I still have not heard back from the guy. I'm gonna call him again Monday to find out what the deal is.

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
Cant find the post but there is one on here that uses a larger one the goes from the front to the rear of the top. Maybe a good option for some who want to have the top off feel without the work of taking off the top.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Had these pics saved from here, not sure whose it is though

BlueBroncowithHugeRagTopp11600x1200_zps8ba3c885.jpg

BlueBroncowithHugeRagTopp21600x1200_zpsfdbc0850.jpg

BlueBroncowithHugeRagTopp31600x1200_zpse4a0181c.jpg

BlueBroncowithHugeRagTopp41600x1200_zps53faa83a.jpg

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
One of you fellers please do this and report back.
It almost looks too easy.
Seems like that leading edge would leak but I am sure they have that area well engineered.
Pretty cool that's for sure....
Can't help but wondering....."what's the catch?"

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

Just got off the phone with Rich over at the sliding ragtop place. It seems like my email maybe went to his spam. Anyway... I asked him to put together some pricing for us on two options. One being a half and the other a full sliding rag top. He said he would start working on it and put together with the size tops that would best fit us for the Early Broncos.

Don't worry bronconut73, I am planning on doing this and reporting back if others are a little skeptical. I always say... Go hard or go home.

bobzilla

Loc.
Riverside, ca
i had a full legnth slider on a 68 bug and a 65 vw bus. They both worked great and the bug didnt leak at all. The one on the bus was origional and the canvas was old and began to fall apart which led to some leaks.

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

So I am hearing back for the tops... They are recommending the 40x70 inch top for our EB's. The guy said this size has worked well in the past. They are willing to do a price drop for us but he has not given me a solid figure. The general thinking he said would be 10-15% off the price and possibly more depending on the number of tops ordered. Here is the link for the top he is recommending to us. The web site price is $775 and option for a headliner for another $100, our price would be 10-15% off that. In my opinion 10-15% off is not all that amazing for a group rate. Maybe we could get them to throw in some free shipping. I was really hoping for a little better price. Let me know what you guys/gals think. The link is to their new web site they are using also.

http://www.sunroofsource.com/40-x-70-sliding-ragtop-folding-sunroof-kit/

Amac70

ME
I want one, im just a cheap ass and don't want to pay for it. looks good. if they did a little better on the price i might be in. strong commitment there.

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

Ha. If u own an EB. You might think your a cheep ass but it's all an illusion

66broncofan

Contributor
Bucky66
I've never participated in a mass buy before so I'm not sure whats typical as far as discounts go. I guess I was hoping for a steeper discount to move it up my priority list. As it stands now, I can't see doing this for a while given where my project stands. 10-15% would not be enough for me to change priorities. I will definitely do it but it will have to be down the road and by then the 10-15% won't matter as I'll save up specifically for it. Thank you for looking into it. I can't wait to see it done and do it myself.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
As far as mass buys go 10-15% is decent when you look at the overall price you are basically getting free shipping. Its about average for discount especially when numbers are low for how many involved. When I put the last champion aluminum radiator mass buy together we got around 15-20% off with that said I know when I put together the mass buys on the LEDs I sell here I really couldn't go much lower on the prices as I'm making about 20-25% on each sell so it just depends for me I don't have any over head and its just me so no one else to pay. Good luck with this at this time I'm just going to have to see how everyone else really likes it before I pull the trigger and cut a perfectly good top up.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I had hoped for a bigger discount also. I know I have bought several complete softops in the $500 range. Free shipping would help.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I put one of these into a 1973 super Beetle. I under mounted it which is allot more work since the top of a beetle is allot more visible. The beetle has a headliner so it hides the structure.
They are glued and sealed in place with windshield adhesive. The bug never leaked it has been in place since 2009 and parked outside in the sun and is holding up well. I bought it from Street Beat a distributor for this company. I couldn't afford a real beetle sunroof.

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

I haven't talked this up in a while but I'm going to do this. Still trying to decide on the size slide. I'm hoping to have it done as soon as it gets a little warmer because I'm planning on raptor lining my top so that will require a warmer day. Hope to report back on this and peek some more interest.

SP66

Bronco Guru
I haven't talked this up in a while but I'm going to do this. Still trying to decide on the size slide. I'm hoping to have it done as soon as it gets a little warmer because I'm planning on raptor lining my top so that will require a warmer day. Hope to report back on this and peek some more interest.

Great idea. Looking forward to seeing it on your beautiful blue rig. This is a great idea especially if coupled with Broncorob's removable Velcro side window mod. Good luck.