• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone interested in sliding ragtop mass buy

Bluebolt

Loc.
Benton LA
Guinea Pig

I haven't talked this up in a while but I'm going to do this. Still trying to decide on the size slide. I'm hoping to have it done as soon as it gets a little warmer because I'm planning on raptor lining my top so that will require a warmer day. Hope to report back on this and peek some more interest.

LOL we are waiting for you to be the guinea pig!

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

Saw the streetbeat tops also hyghlnder. They look pretty good, but most things I have read about them claims they are pretty second rate. If anyone has heard different I wouldn't mind opening an ear. The guinea pig I shall be. Hate to mess up a perfectly good 66 top with the wrong cut. Ha ha.

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

It's time. I have been in contact with a gentleman named Rob for the sliding ragtops. I know many are interested in this idea but want to checkout the install and final product to make sure it's for you. So Blueblot got his wish. I'm the test subject on this. Just got off the phone and ordered one that is 40x70. Should be here in a week or so. In the mean time I will prep my top to be ready for raptor liner, cut the hole for the top when it gets here, coat my top and then put the ragtop in. Hope it works out great and as planned. I will do a write up thread on it to try and show as much as possible.

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

Sliding top arrived yesterday. There was a holdup with having to have the frame repowder coated but it's here. I plan on cutting the hole for install in Saturday. If anyone is in the area and wants to stop by let me know. I have a booth reserved for Tuesday to spray the hard top and then will do final assembly a few days later to wait for full cure on the raptor liner.

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

Installed yesterday. Not to bad. I did with just me, so very doable. I plan on doing a write up one I put the top in the booth and make I pretty this week. All in all.... It's awesome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 159
OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

I was very lucky and wound up with a promotional deal and will provide them with install pics and final product pics as part of the deal.

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

Here's a couple until I shoot the hardtop this week with raptor and make it all pretty

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

This is without the rag and before all installed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 143
OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

I hardtop is raptor lined as of last night. I did inside and out tintable liner in white. I plan on letting it cure the full 7 days and then put windows and ragtop in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 99

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
DOWN RIGHT SCARY!!!!!! Their web site shows a black '57 Ford Fairlane with the top cut out. I have a '57 and would not even consider doing that to it. With a replaceable top on a early Bronco then yes, but NOT my '57!!!!:cry:

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

Yeah not sure about in a car or truck but in a hard top for sure.

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

Tonight is the night. Going to the shop to put the fresh top on the truck and final assembly of the ragtop. Hope to post a couple pics tonight