• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Carb Question 2100

OP
OP
redfishtony

redfishtony

Loc.
Thomasville GA
In this video you can hear what it doing. This was warmed up to operating temp. BTW posting he video was easy with my iphone. I just sent the video to youtube and copied the link back here. I feel like I really did something difficult. Im a DA when it comes to these computers so if I can do it anybody can.

OP
OP
redfishtony

redfishtony

Loc.
Thomasville GA
Here is a picture of the things I removed. They were not hooked up but plugged and the engine had been running fine. They were both leaking around where they go together because when i sprayed carb cleaner on them the motor would rev up. i made a plate with a gasket to cover the end.

Attachments

• EGR Spacer 1.jpg
    EGR Spacer 1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 18

gr8scott

Bronco Guru
Here's another way to post up youtube videos:
Hit the quote button at the bottom to see the format.
[YOUTUBE]5coKDByoy5I[/YOUTUBE]

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
It sounds like it's running out of gas.
They'll start to speed up when it gets lean, then it quits.
Can you keep it running with the throttle?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well there's your problem, right there! :eek:
All that pile of stuff that came out of your right bank of cylinders and just fell out under the exhaust tip!%);D
Hah! Kidding of course. But about the exhaust, is the rest of the system in as bad (holy) shape as the tips are? If so, you might not be able to tun all the roughness and uneven idling out until you close off some of the leaks.
That's more important the closer to the engine the rust holes get. If it's ok up there, and only rusted through nearer the back of the truck, it's not as big a deal.
But it's still not optimized obviously.

Paul

OP
OP
redfishtony

redfishtony

Loc.
Thomasville GA
Paul, The exhaust is tight with the exception of the tips. It does need and will be replaced soon. I think the one thing that is puzzling me the most is there is no change at all when I adjust the air/fuel screws. I've spent to much time messing with it at this point. It was running OK (Not perfect) before I hard this wild hair. I may put it back like it was and try hooking up the lines to the original air cleaner box and see what happens. If that doesn't work I'm just gonna order a new carb. Thanks for everyone's help. TW

Gordys74

Loc.
Southern Iowa
Here's something you might try, pull the vacuum line that goes to the dist. off the carb. Now put that end in your mouth and give it a little suction then stick the end of your tongue on the opening. If it sticks to your tongue, you're good. If it just falls off you have a vacuum leak in the advance cone on your dist.