• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Carb Issue

Bucky

Loc.
New Bern, NC
Got the new 570 Street Avenger last night, installed it and tried to set it up, before my dinner plans with the wife! The issue I was having was that in order to give it 800-1000 RPM's in Drive, I would have to adjust it in Neutrel to around 1200. What should the RPM drop be from park to drive? It just seemed more then my last Carbs. Is there a way to adjust it?

Thanks for all the Help!

Last edited:

oleguy74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
calif city ca
with stock to mild engines 500-700 rpm is all that is needed.check vac connections.something sure is not right.drop should be about 100-150 rpm at most.800-1000 in drive is guite high.

CDHUNTER

Loc.
Franklin, KY
with stock to mild engines 500-700 rpm is all that is needed.check vac connections.something sure is not right.drop should be about 100-150 rpm at most.800-1000 in drive is guite high.

I agree. Also check to ensure the choke was fully disengaged ad 1200 would be about right for being on the fast idle cam.

OP
OP
Bucky

Bucky

Loc.
New Bern, NC
OK, figured that one out! The choke high idle screw needed to be adjusted! Thanks for all the help!!!