• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'77 Lincoln PS Pump w/2 return lines from NAPA - for hydroboost

saxman

Loc.
Austin, TX
Are these rebuilt pumps from NAPA just as good as the old Saginaw ones. I guess I just want to know if this pump will turn 33's sufficiently? The price is better than buying a new one. Am I better off, mechanically, not financially, to grab one in original condtion from the u-pull-it yard?

thanks for the input...

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The one I'm running on my '69 came off a Lincoln with well over 100K miles on it (though of course I would have no idea if it was the original pump or not)...used it just as it came off and not the first problem with it. Do ya feel lucky?;D

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
after selling pumps for 30 years at my old parts house .. I'd say there is no difference but there may be some units that make more pressure due to the valves in them ....but old or rebuild it all the same ..except the old ones have a 100.000 miles on them ....
My old sag had 150000 on it and had set for 10 years after that went down to the junk row and pulled it and it's great.......go get un boys ........