• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lincoln dual return ps pump

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
What year Lincoln do you look for to get a dual return Saginaw pump for our eb's?

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
It's just a simple plug. That's all I used, in fact I used a SS hose clamp on the original plug it came with.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I will say its a '74 Lincoln mark IV pump you want.

Autozone #AZ-6005 ($57)
Napa # NSP 819159 ($60)

Pully wheel is a NAPA #73077 (for a single v belt)

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I will say its a '74 Lincoln mark IV pump you want.

Autozone #AZ-6005 ($57)
Napa # NSP 819159 ($60)

Pully wheel is a NAPA #73077 (for a single v belt)

What's different between that one and the '75-'79 Lincoln pumps that I linked to above? (and what I'm running on all my hboosts)

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
What's different between that one and the '75-'79 Lincoln pumps that I linked to above? (and what I'm running on all my hboosts)

No clue...maybe nothing. But I researched hydroboost stuff for the last year and the 74 is what I kept running across in my search.

The one you refer too I looked up just now and its AZ #6002

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking at the pictures for the '74, it has an unusual reservoir shape compared to the common/familiar Sag canned-ham reservoir that is still in evidence on the modern Delphi upgrade pumps. But other wise is same as 75-79s methinks.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I also just noticed that the 74 from AZ says it has a keyed pully attachment. Who knows sometimes these pics and discriptions are different from the actual part. Both my pics look identical on the AZ website

You may be correct bmc69.....ill add the '75-'79 to my parts list also

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
10-4 bmc69 Noted the 75-79 Lincoln pump on my parts list. Took us 10 minutes to figure out what would take a lifetime at the parts store! Its suprises me how much searching goes into a simple mod sometimes, expecially when its a new mod to the group (although dual return pumps ant a new mod its just some of the info here is really old). Im sure if I research the h-boost again ill come across more updated info.

Soooooooooo ill drag this thread another direction quick since you here still. Astro h-boost or superduty??

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
10-4 bmc69 Noted the 75-79 Lincoln pump on my parts list. Took us 10 minutes to figure out what would take a lifetime at the parts store! Its suprises me how much searching goes into a simple mod sometimes, expecially when its a new mod to the group (although dual return pumps ant a new mod its just some of the info here is really old). Im sure if I research the h-boost again ill come across more updated info.

Soooooooooo ill drag this thread another direction quick since you here still. Astro h-boost or superduty??

All mine so far have used the 70s vintage Lincoln h-boost units. However, I'm going Superduty with the hboost upgrade to my '78 Bronco and Astro (or Mustang) on my son's '76 EB (glass body).

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
oh great. One of each:p Thanks! Let me know which works out better;)

LOL! I know one thing for sure...the Astro or Mustang setup sure is cleaner than using the older Lincoln units on the factory PS angle bracket like I've done so far.

But the '78 has tons of room..and the Superduty unit practically bolts right up on that truck like it was factory equipment. Different animal than an EB, for sure.