• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1976 Ford Bronco C4 flex plate issue. HELP!

Cabo Kurt

Loc.
Gold canyon az 85117
Dam great group. Actually the bible- go to place for help in technical matters! Thanks fellas for all the savvy responses .

PLEASE!! One more issue:
Im working on a 1976 Ford Bronco C4 and the torque converter and flex plate are different from all my other builds??? Let me start off by saying that the C4 transmission was stock to this particular 1976 Ford Bronco. Im hearing that Ford did one year of these style C4 transmissions?? The Torque converter is smaller, the drain plug is equ-distant between torque converter bolts, NOT next to one of the torque converter bolts, like normal!! When I search all the big suppliers of flex plates I see the normal ones BUT not this morphydite!! Seems to have a deeper offset as well??
Any input would be great.. a source would be great as well as anyone having 26 spline input shafts???

anyone out west with C4's for sale, Im a buyer!!
Thank u all.
Kurt Strecker

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There is another thread nearby (from the last few days) with the two bolt patterns found on (I believe) '75 and '76 Broncos only, but I never remember the exact numbers. Something like 10.5" vs 11.75" or something similar. Someone will chime in with the correct values.

The problem is that nobody makes a flex plate with the small pattern ONLY the large pattern.
So you can buy a converter with the small pattern still i think, but not a flex plate. So if you have need of a new flex plate you will also need to buy a new converter with the matching pattern.

That's how I remember it vaguely. As said, others will have the straight skinny. Just wanted to jump in and give you half of the bad news first.

Good luck.

paul