• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1974 ford bronco

Katyquintero

Can anyone tell me how rare is it that I am original owner and the truck has 146000 miles all original motor and everything.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome!

I can't tell you how rare it is exactly, but I'd say pretty rare and very cool!
We'd love to see a picture or two.:)

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Welcome. I’m not as knowledgeable as most of these guys on here but you are in the right place for that question . The Marti report will show the build specs

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
It's pretty rare for any 50 yo vehicle to still be owned by the original purchaser. 146,000 miles is not particularly "low mileage" but indicates you have used and enjoyed it over the years.

Please post some pics and I'm sure you have a few good stories to tell about you and your Bronco! We'd be interested in hearing them!

77Bronco636

Wow…thats less then 3000 miles a year if averaged over 50 years…….we need pictures!!!!

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Can anyone tell me how rare is it that I am original owner and the truck has 146000 miles all original motor and everything.
Welcome! Can't tell you how rare your truck is. Have no idea what you have. Become a member and post up some pics and info and I'm sure you'll get a ton of info! Lots of really great folks on this site!
As far as being the original owner, that's pretty cool!! There is a few members here that are original owners and I'm sure they'll chime in with a welcome!

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I’m like the others. Contributor status is only $12 and lets you post pics…of which we ALL want to see. Congratulations on owning a vehicle for 50 years. The longest I’ve ever owned an early bronco is 12 years.

Randy

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
Why would she need to be told the build specs if she's the original owner?
True …. Glossed over SHE was the original , was thinking she just got it . Won’t the report show how many were built like hers ? That prove if its rare or just one of X / number with her options Still awesome either way that she is the original , hang on to it !

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Won’t the report show how many were built like hers ? That prove if its rare or just one of X / number with her options

She's not asking if her Bronco is rare, she's asking how rare it is for a Bronco to still be owned by the original owner.

SeaVee

Contributor
Nice! So, I am doing a total restoration on a 77 I bought from the original owner in 1992. Does that add any value? Or is it just BAT clickbait?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe, but likely not. It's no longer a one-owner, and not even in the family. It's no longer original either, so it doesn't have that going for it.
Being the second owner is cool in itself, but you've had it for over thirty years. So it's just a "two-owner" rig.
Which might give it some boost, but is not a huge selling point unless it's an almost original and pristine example, I would not think.
And even then, you might get labeled as a flipper if you don't keep it very long. Luckily that won't apply to you in this case! :)

Seems like the fact that it's a '77, the fact that it's restored, and the fact that you're just the second owner ADDED TO THE OTHER TWO are what might make it cooler than normal.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I’m like the others. Contributor status is only $12 and lets you post pics…of which we ALL want to see. Congratulations on owning a vehicle for 50 years. The longest I’ve ever owned an early bronco is 12 years.

Randy

no doubt :)

SeaVee

Contributor
It’s going to be as original as I can get, uncut , but with a 2.5 lift and smog delete. Not even adding a roll cage. Paint codes match, even have the original sticker somewhere. $6250 . New! Plus original interior. Help me justify my 2x budget expense!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don’t throw away any of that Smog Stuff.
Lots of people trying to restore old Broncos, and are now driving them in states that have smog inspections. Some of the parts are easy to get, while some are hard to find.
And if it’s all still original under the hood at the moment, take lots of pictures on how everything is set up, including vacuum lines, so that would be restores have a little point of reference.

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
It’s going to be as original as I can get, uncut , but with a 2.5 lift and smog delete. Not even adding a roll cage. Paint codes match, even have the original sticker somewhere. $6250 . New! Plus original interior. Help me justify my 2x budget expense!
Pictures would be nice. Just my opinion here. I’m just a guy like everyone else here are EB lovers. If that truck is original and untouched. The last thing I would do is put a lift on it and start pulling parts off of it. If it’s condition is far gone that would change things for me. It’s only original once. At the end of the of the day it’s yours so do what you want. But for me if I had deep pockets and I was looking at two EBs one all original and another that has been modified , I would pick the original. Now what your talking about is simple a 2 1/2 lift smog delete, all can be removed and returned to original if someone wanted to. Sure but more work to remove and replace. Ask any one here one mod least to another which pushes it more away for original. I would definitely consider a cage.

Last edited: