• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stolen: 1974 Ford Bronco Sport Wagon - Los Angeles

gohokies

Loc.
Los Angeles
As you can tell from the thread title, I am gutted to share that the car of our dreams, our 1974 Ford Bronco Sport Wagon, was stolen right in front of our house the other day.

I am posting here because I am pretty sure there's no other corner on the internet who pays attention to the market more than you fine folks.

I've heard stories of miracles, so I'm holding out for my own. ODO should read around 77k. It was stolen with the top on it. And it's got a nice dent on the driver's quarter panel (had a full body/paint job covered from the other driver that I was gonna come on here and ask for advice about soon, ugh).

Thank you all for any advice.
-Adam

FUHXy2r.jpeg

Last edited:

Cowtown

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
Hi GoHokies
Very sorry to hear. Your post caught my eye as my Bronco was stolen earlier this spring.
I was fortunate as the Mounties up here busted a ring of thieves and I got my Bronco back.
Good luck - I know the good folks on this forum will keep an eye open!
Doug in Calgary

elan

Loc.
s
I'll keep an eye out down here in Carlsbad/Encinitas. The issue would be they are worth more together as opposed to being parted out so trying to sell a stolen vehicle of this type would be a chore indeed. Or, it could be headed to, or, in Mexico. If that is the case you'll never see it again.

OP
OP
G

gohokies

Loc.
Los Angeles
Hi GoHokies
Very sorry to hear. Your post caught my eye as my Bronco was stolen earlier this spring.
I was fortunate as the Mounties up here busted a ring of thieves and I got my Bronco back.
Good luck - I know the good folks on this forum will keep an eye open!
Doug in Calgary

Doug, I saw your post when I searched on the forum. I am thrilled you recovered yours! Let's hope someone slips along the way in my case.

OP
OP
G

gohokies

Loc.
Los Angeles
I'll keep an eye out down here in Carlsbad/Encinitas. The issue would be they are worth more together as opposed to being parted out so trying to sell a stolen vehicle of this type would be a chore indeed. Or, it could be headed to, or, in Mexico. If that is the case you'll never see it again.

Elan - I fear the same. My gut says it's across the border. Trying to come to terms with it. My wife sent me out for a long drive last Sunday -- my way of hitting reset, and last week it was featured on TV in a drive-in concert all week (I work as a TV producer). I feel like it was the universe allowing me to say goodbye or something. I don't know -- it's all fresh and heartbreaking. But I do feel it's gone for good.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Keeping an eye out for it, but as others down TJ way.
Was anyone giving it special attention at the shoot
I don’t think it matters how we lock them up, a quick flat bed or tow truck and it disappears

I’m thinking of a LoJack system for mine

tommyg

Contributor
Wow, so sorry to hear. Sincerely hope you get reunited with your truck.

OP
OP
G

gohokies

Loc.
Los Angeles
Keeping an eye out for it, but as others down TJ way.
Was anyone giving it special attention at the shoot
I don’t think it matters how we lock them up, a quick flat bed or tow truck and it disappears

I’m thinking of a LoJack system for mine

Nothing fishy leading up to it disappearing -- wife was with it all shoot and I drove it off the lot after we wrapped. I feel like I can see the tow truck crawling around LA at night looking for its next 2-minute score.

I can tell you I feel silly for not having a LoJack living in the middle of LA...20/20 for ya.

mrdrnac

Contributor
Bad news! I hope you have luck in getting it back, I had just been admiring your Bronco in the front row of the drive in Alicia Keys concert.

OP
OP
G

gohokies

Loc.
Los Angeles
Bad news! I hope you have luck in getting it back, I had just been admiring your Bronco in the front row of the drive in Alicia Keys concert.

Very cool you spotted it. Thanks for watching. I guess this was her swan song, if you will. During one of the breaks between songs Alicia asked my wife about the truck. We all certainly have good taste in vehicles!

fIeyd38.jpg

NewDog

Contributor
Loc.
Surrey BC
Doug, I saw your post when I searched on the forum. I am thrilled you recovered yours! Let's hope someone slips along the way in my case.

Sorry to hear gohokies - man, I hate thieves! Wishing you good luck in the search.

Nice that Doug got his back - hopefully now he gets to put the cowboy boots to those a&&holes at some point.

1970 Palmer

So very sorry. It's our worst nightmare.

We will be on the look out here in Orange County (Orange/Tustin/Santa Ana) areas.

John

elan

Loc.
s
This won't help much, but, it could have always been worse. Whom/who ever took the vehicle may have been packing, so even if you caught them in act...it might have been your "last act".

I've bought and sold many vintage vehicles and in the end, it's just a vehicle, it ain't life support. You are probably kicking yourself for parking it on the street as well.
1st Gen Broncos are an easy break in so lesson learned.

That is a great shot of the Bronc with cactus in the background. I don't mind girls in the hood, but not on the hood.