• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stolen

rae61

Doug, that is a shame, I was mad when I saw it in the Calgary news!! I will keep my eyes open and send the pic to family and friends.

Good luck, lets hope these scum bags slip up and get caught.

OX1

Bronco Guru
Will keep an eye out in my online searches.

I put VIN in this

https://www.nicb.org/vincheck

and it said

VIN: U15NLA88137 has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheck® Theft Records.

Not sure if they do old VIN's, but if so, have it added.

TDubya

Loc.
Fortuna, CA
That sucks. Tell everyone around you what happened, not just on social media. I had mine stolen a few years ago and a friend of a friend knew about the theft and I was able to get it back mostly in tact. It helps to have friends in low places! Good luck

OP
OP
C

Cowtown

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
Thanks again for all the kind suggestions and replies. I am amazed by Twitter - I only have a few followers but I put the word out. Within a few days it has spread - even radio personalities in Calgary jumped on this and spread the word.

Thanks everyone and stay healthy!

Doug

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
ared77, that is interesting! Pretty distinctive truck, should be quite possible to track down, I wonder if an offer of reward would move the ball. Cowtown, (great handle, btw) I sure hope you get it back. On a slightly different note, while wandering aimlessly online, I found a company that makes sending devices for truck fleets to track their rigs. Didn't there used to be a company called Lojac, or something similar? And on another, way different note, makes me wonder about, and bit long for, the days when they would shoot horse thieves, if they ever really did.

2manynotime

I put this GPS tracker in mine. Costs me about $20 a month for the service but I have it set so that if it moves I get a notification on my phone and I can track it real time. Easy enough to hide and since I get the notification instantly I bet I can track it down before anyone figures out I have a GPS. On Amazon for $30.
LandAirSea 54 Waterproof Magnet Mount Real Time 4G LTE GPS Tracker for Vehicle

Update: I just looked at Amazon and it now costs $50. I bought mine last week on Amazon for $29.95. Still not a bad price but dont want anyone to think I misled them.

Laker

Totally sucks. Hope you find it. I will keep my eyes open up north for you. I’ve had my 94 chev stolen twice. Both times recovered by good people on Facebook. Then my Dmax stolen and almost recovered by a Facebook hero. But could not keep up to the truck. Found it 3 months later burnt to the ground.
I want to put a gps tracker in my bronco as well as mentioned.

OP
OP
C

Cowtown

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
No word. Nothing. The profile is on Crime Stoppers and even had a prominent DJ send out a tweet on Twitter. I have a feeling they will lay low and then part it out.

thank you, everyone.