• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stolen - recovered - šŸ‘

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Glad to hear it Doug...

Hi there,
Almost a couple of months ago I posted on this forum looking for some help in keeping an eye open for my Bronco - stolen from a mechanics shop in Calgary. (Engine rebuild)

The old expression ā€˜The Mounties Always Get Their Manā€™ held true in my case - it was recovered yesterday as part of a very large theft ring.

What have I learned?
1) there are great people on this forum - Iā€™m thankful to those people near and far who offered to stay watchful
2) keep your insurance current. I had an appraisal done four years ago, and because of the appreciation of these vehicles, recent work done, and the strength of the US$ vs Canadian$....what I would have been paid vs replacement value would have been 10s of 1000s short.
3) ā€˜there ainā€™t no Bronco but your own...ā€™ looking at others for sale and comparing - itā€™s clear mine has flaws and isnā€™t perfect, but it represents a labor of love over the years, and you remember all the work youā€™ve done and improvements made. A new one wouldnā€™t have been the same?

Anyway, thank you again and I wish you all the very best.

Doug in Calgary