• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ben's 73 Build Thread

Mark1911

Good evening Ben, I have been reading through your build thread and what an amazing bronco you have created! Congratulations!
I do have a question though. How do you like the 4x4x2 gear box? And if you were to do it over would you change anything about it? Or go with something different?
Thank you for you thread and any input
Mark

OP
OP
Bferrari

Bferrari

Hi Mark, the 4x4x2 setup on my rig works very well and I am extremely happy with it. I was originally manual steering so I knew that the power setup was a must. I ended up finding a good deal on a 4x4x2 box from one of the members on here so that was the direction I went with. As for any changes, none so far! It took me a while (3 years) to complete so I had plenty of time for reflection and changed things up several times until I finally have my perfect truck. I am very pleased with it and don’t know that I would have changed anything.

OP
OP
Bferrari

Bferrari

Got to hang out with the guy who was a major inspiration in how my build turned out! Great guy and a great friend!
C0B1F885-B214-4091-A0AC-0FB716199CBA.jpg

BoulderMike22

Got the top cleaned up and primed, the outside of it, the inside still needs some attention but will get done at a later time.

View attachment 361850 View attachment 361853

Got a new console, have many plans on enhancing it however it will serve as a good base to get started. Fits well and is very comfortable for the arm rest. For reference, Steve (pictured) is 6'4" and sits very comfortable in it. It also clears the seat when it 'folds and tumbles' and has cup holders for the rear occupants.

View attachment 361851 View attachment 361852

The anticipation was killing me so I threw the top on to see how the passenger seat bracket would function. I am very happy with the results. I am 6'3" and with the seat forward find it very easy to get in and out of the back with the top on .... it works!!

View attachment 361854 View attachment 361855 View attachment 361856

Any write up on how you did your passenger bracket? I’ve got mine on sliders but would really love to be able to tumble it forward like yours. Very interested in how you did yours.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lon L

Headunit Room

On to the tub ... welded up holes that will not be used in the firewall, the vent bottle hole in the quarter behind the drivers seat and finally welded my emergency brake bracket back on!

View attachment 387289 View attachment 387290 View attachment 387291 View attachment 387292

Cut the dash up and got things re-worked for the new design. I am very happy with how it turned out. Few more items to weld then back on to finishing the body work.

View attachment 387293 View attachment 387294 View attachment 387295 View attachment 387296 View attachment 387297

Hi Ben,
my 77 is finally getting back on track and I am wanting to put a unit that is 6.25 inches deep. My Bronco is in a shop currently and has already been stripped . Sorry to bother you, but I absolutely love your Bronco , mine will be quite similar. I am hoping to stuff the Head-unit and 4 2.75 inch vents in a new BC dash with 5 inch offset glove box. Any tips or hazards you have would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
Lon

Mark1911

Ben, Good morning.
Thank you for all of your hard work in posts, I am finding it difficult to even document my build. Question I am hoping you can answer for me. How far or at all did you move your glove box over for roll cage clearance? I do understand all are different, but the 5in "move over" seems extreme. Thank you.
Mark

OP
OP
Bferrari

Bferrari

Hi Mark - my glovebox door only interfered with the cage by 1/2” so I ended up moving the glovebox door over 1”. Keep in mind, I bent my own cage and fit it tight so my clearance to the glove box door was minimal. Depending on what you do with your cage will determine the clearance you will need.