• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A tribute to Ben

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Suzy,
Sorry to hear about Ben. Take heart he and Mad Max are running around waiting on us to get there. He's not alone.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
OMG so many loved dogs have died recently......

Nightstick
Raptor
Suzy

We feel like we knew Ben Suzy. I've seen alot of photos of him through the years in the catalogs and stuff.
He will be missed. He is not alone. Neither are you Suzy.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Since we have lived in our neighborhood a few dogs have been dumped near us. Good people on our street have always taken them in or we've found them homes. We're out in the country on a dead end street so the dogs are able to still roam the neighborhood and visit the neighbors. We adopted an old chocolate Lab that was only with us a couple if years because of cancer. He was great and my wife still pines for him. He would visit the neighbors during the day but was always in the yard waiting for the school bus at the end of the day. "He knows where his home is" was a common phrase used. Ben knew where his home was.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Suzy,
Ben will never truly be gone he is just sharing you with another friend down the road. Best wishes in your struggle to find peace.

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
I can't believe Ben has his own thread. Thank you Joe. He was truly a member of our family. We tried to give him the best 13 1/2 years out of his about 16 that we could. We wanted to make up for the treatment he got before we found him that day at the Humane Society. It was a rough first couple years with the wild man- he almost went back the first week after he hog tied me with the runner lead and tried clawing his way into the garage. Once we realized it was separation anxiety and tried bringing him to the shop, it was a different story. We were lucky to have so many good years, he could jump into the back of the Superduty and even Loco! It broke my heart and his when I had to start leaving him at home when I went to events the last year or so. Mom & the guys at the shop said it was the most pathetic thing to watch, the last couple, they thought he might just die from a broken heart. That kind of loyalty is heartbreaking! People thought we were crazy coordinating travel schedules to accommodate "the dog". Would you leave your child behind? The first year I had my RV, flat towed Silver to LA to pick up my friend Christine went to the Arizona Stampede, did Fab Fords, Bronco Daze and Moab. We parked the RV in Phoenix, Dad flew down to spend a week or two in the RV with Ben while I flew home to get work done, then we traded places again. I believe it was close to 6,000 miles that I did that year with my faithful copilot! I have no idea how many Bronco events he made it to but I have hundreds of pics. I share them and have people tell me they wish they had seen as much of this country as he did! Sadly, the shop seems a lot emptier today. No one snoring on his bed in my office. It's going to take a long time to not miss my cohort. I'll stop rambling now, thank goodness for waterproof eye liner and mascara. Please all remember what an amazing and loyal companion you can get for $60 and save a life in the process!! I don't know what all he was lab something was always my answer but he was full of love!

Suzy

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Thanks for sharing him with us, he will be missed. Hopefully anotherone will come your way to help fill the void.

MartyG

Bronco Guru
So sorry to hear...my boy Murray is my best riding buddy too. I know the loss intimately; been where you are now...I'm sorry.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So sorry Suzy! I always enjoyed seeing him on the trail and have missed seein him on the last few rides.