• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hurrican IRMA

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Shout out to all the FL Or coast people be safe. Hope this Hurricane goes the other way! Good Luck!

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the well wishes and prayers...we have the hurricane shutters up and valuables in the dry bag. Bronco in the barn - this one is big! Still considering evacuation and I have hotel reservations in Montgomery AL if it comes up the west coast. Otherwise we are boarded up and have emergency power for days. Good luck to the other Bronco families in Florida...if you need to move out of the path we have some room.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 105

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Days of power?

Leave and leave now. I've lived through two, one was more than enough. Worst part was the month with no electricity back when Hugo hit. Go t o families and rough it out there.

bax

Old Member
Looks like its headed for us. getting prepared. Hoping it scrubs off some wind speed before it gets here.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Unfortunately we are hearing routes north are basically parking lots and no fuel at the gas stations so it's going to be tough getting out as well.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I live in a very sandy area near a lake that is always very low, so the kind of flooding you see on T.V. won't mess with us but....
How fast that 17" comes down could be a problem though.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Unfortunately we are hearing routes north are basically parking lots and no fuel at the gas stations so it's going to be tough getting out as well.

It's a risk either way. Not really wanting to stay put and face the storm, but sure don't want chance getting caught out on the road. Northbound I-95 was a mess at 3pm today and no evacuation orders issued yet.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Hoping for the best outcome. My mother in law is in St. Petersburg and my wife has a brother and sister around Davenport. Hoping they will be safe.

sriha

Curious question from someone who lives far from a coast: Does your work shut down and give you the time off for hurricanes or do you have to take sick/vacation or just get unpaid? Are you expected to show up? I would think they would understand but my work expects me to show up in a blizzard and frowns if I take a sick day because I rather not join the people on the ice rink hwys.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin

Good point, be safe brother, keep scrounging for supplies in the meantime

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Curious question from someone who lives far from a coast: Does your work shut down and give you the time off for hurricanes or do you have to take sick/vacation or just get unpaid? Are you expected to show up? I would think they would understand but my work expects me to show up in a blizzard and frowns if I take a sick day because I rather not join the people on the ice rink hwys.

All depends on who you work for. In my experience large corporations typically expect you to work up until a certain degree of threat (watch/warning) is issued. In the small company I work for now, we secured the business as best we could yesterday and the boss sent us home to start to prepare our homes. We will be paid until we return to work.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good Luck y'all and stay safe.. keeping y'all in our prayers..

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
As the world works in mysterious ways, we were already planning (have hotel etc) to be in ATL this weekend. Dropping one car in a family members enclosed garage and taking the other with everyone tomorrow around 4am.

If it slows too much, we'll end up in NC at a family members home.
I don't want to be driving back with a flat trailer on wet roads. (crosses fingers)

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
We are in the direct path. There are no more flights out and I-95 is undoable. We are prepared. There is no more gas and water is gone as fast as it hits the stores. We have 8 cases of water and we have 6 cases of beer! Be well my friends!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
We are in the direct path. There are no more flights out and I-95 is undoable. We are prepared. There is no more gas and water is gone as fast as it hits the stores. We have 8 cases of water and we have 6 cases of beer! Be well my friends!

Hang in there n take care of the family.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Is anyone talking about the rather large storm that's trailing Irma? Or is it expected to take a different path?

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
spent 2 hours filling, loading, hauling, and unloading 45 sand bags yesterday. Conservative estimate is #50 each. A bit sore today.