• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

create motor. good source?

daves bronco

Loc.
Bonney lake WA
just wondering if anybody knows of a good source for create engines. I am looking for a 351. I know there is a lot out there, just looking to see if any body has had good luck. also any tips would be helpful I never ordered a create motor before.
thanks Dave

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
just wondering if anybody knows of a good source for create engines. I am looking for a 351. I know there is a lot out there, just looking to see if any body has had good luck. also any tips would be helpful I never ordered a create motor before.
thanks Dave

I know a couple of folks who have this in current builds-no seat of the pants report but you could not beat this price per parts in the engine-especially with the FAST efi on it and warranty

http://www.jegs.com/i/Blueprint-Engines/138/BPF4084CTF/10002/-1?parentProductId=1617618

hth

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Have never bought a create (crate) motor but if I were shopping for one I would probably buy one from a solid, reputable and nationally known builder which carried the best warranty. Ford Motorsports, Summit, Jegs, Jasper to name a few.

AxlesUp

Loc.
Collierville TN

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was absolutely ready to pull the trigger on a crate motor (had two in mind) and my neighbor told me I needed to talk to "his engine guy"--what did I have to loose.

So I spent a couple hours talking to him (even took print-outs of my crate motor specs with pricing) and after all his questions and time, I knew there was no way I could buy a crate motor built by someone I never talked to with price as a priority if his price was even close.

His price came back REALLY close to the crate motors when you consider the extras he was providing and that I'd have to buy with the crate motors. Now he's "my engine guy" and he's ready to start it when I get my headers. It will be broke-in when I get it as he runs it on the run stand to break it in. Oh, and he only uses Brad Penn engine oil. He swears by it after the oils were changed and he replaced a ton of flat tapped cams.

mRswWjcKPikgbGFc5gusCxBhuE0uQ7dTrBP6k5peiSrCd9FzDd7ImWWnCmD2RPF2YJDYnv5iYyzW7jFh_QLQGV15aDDSzKKaDk6vb7874MEyK1ctfusfu5bZBdKhPtmoDHioubQFGq5ffprO8jx0O4ceVgYJ9ogu0UWSo6sRsYWjcprfnHJE6xbe2egK9L1vheMi-nBj4qIa7E8CNSsV5F3LEP7d4ygPXz7eDkiXqlKLRVJN5leDbKx48iyfVzlMDVZrDDNjl6jktzi1kZNBkh3p5i6hCwyaMDgffMr-xLE5sXYCHhEHqa9Tk3E5vwIFPLoRdj3gsoggRhaBWp_5OWAZVOq6QOV4wYc_cXIn9a3zRS7EWkWxJNeuo04_PRb8wWje_0uRfj8WgHKlXhb-GtdVmLzvcePenS4G3oAR4RTcA3213VkAuuemfRz4MvOvLULZ0xzIRMvMBpu0KNGRwBvSanJp0WC-dJ1AYSss2VwcKHmdHhOUm9vFhP9jnBOutVVyPfshIzzXd79Z6pkgV1RPvMRJAD1q_o8o7eX3BJXW8W0XboLd1I_twZVfGIt6yMGsXw=w1751-h985-no

Mine is a flat tappet cam 351W turned into a 408W with a Edlebrock Performer RPM top end kit. 415 hp and 430-450 torque @ 9.5 CR.

I'd recommend finding a guy that builds them locally. I have truly enjoyed stopping-in during the build and talking to him as well as taking pics of the progress.

Attac

Contributor
I bought a 331 stroker from blueprint motors. I have been very happy with it. I called them on a couple of occasions when installing it and they were always helpful. The price was good also

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Craig, that motor looks sweet! hope i get to see it up close this on top of test hill. I agree that having someone you trust is much better than ordering on the web... wish i knew someone local...

Faster Eddie

Loc.
Seattle
My 347 stroker from Blueprint Engines has been AWESOME so far...1100 miles. They have been great to deal with as well.

Attac

Contributor
One other thing about the blueprint motor I got. I bought it about 8 months before installing it as I was mocking everything up. When I did install it the instructions said to call them. I did and that is the day my warranty started. I thought that was very good of them to do. They also have a guy who has a bronco there and when I ordered mine I told him what it was for and he cammed the motor for me to get torque and hp where I wanted it.

BluePrintEngine

Loc.
Kearney, NE
My 347 stroker from Blueprint Engines has been AWESOME so far...1100 miles. They have been great to deal with as well.

One other thing about the blueprint motor I got. I bought it about 8 months before installing it as I was mocking everything up. When I did install it the instructions said to call them. I did and that is the day my warranty started. I thought that was very good of them to do. They also have a guy who has a bronco there and when I ordered mine I told him what it was for and he cammed the motor for me to get torque and hp where I wanted it.

I bought a 331 stroker from blueprint motors. I have been very happy with it. I called them on a couple of occasions when installing it and they were always helpful. The price was good also

Hi guys

We saw your posts here and wanted to thank you for your support. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your BluePrint Engines.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Thanks again!

Scott Liggett
BluePrint Engines
1(800)483-4263
info@blueprintengines.com
www.blueprintengines.com

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Attac

Contributor
thanks guys for all the ideas. I really like the 347 got a couple of months of getting things straight and ill be ready to order.

I am actually going to be ordering one of the 347 roller efi motors from them soon also. Just got to get my sons bronco done first lol
Chuck

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
For those of you running the Blueprint engines, what kind of idle quality do they have? I was looking on the cam specs last night and a little unsure of how "lumpy" they might be.

I'm researching new engine ideas as my 5.0 is getting a little long in the tooth although it still runs fine. I'd like to find something that still has a nice idle to it and is cammed more for low end torque.

Todd Z.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
I was just at my dealerships performance parts area. I was drooling over the Ford performance 347 they have on the floor. 7000k

tabascom16

Loc.
Salisbury, PA
When I had my 408W built I was also looking at crate engines (although this was 11 years ago) it was significantly cheaper to buy the main components, buy a used, unbored 351W on craigslist, and have a local reputable engine shop put it together and purchase all the small components.

I saved probably around $1500 vs. buying a crate engine of similar build.

Faster Eddie

Loc.
Seattle
For those of you running the Blueprint engines, what kind of idle quality do they have? I was looking on the cam specs last night and a little unsure of how "lumpy" they might be.

I'm researching new engine ideas as my 5.0 is getting a little long in the tooth although it still runs fine. I'd like to find something that still has a nice idle to it and is cammed more for low end torque.

Todd Z.

Strong and smooth but juuuust lumpy enough.

Attac

Contributor

Todd Z.

Todd
I can post a vid of mine running at idle for you I you want me too
It is very smooth but you know something non stock is under the hood
Chuck

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser

Todd Z.

TZ, you've heard my 347. It's set up for 'lower' end torque. If you want the spec sheet I can send it to you. 425hp at the ground.

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
TZ, you've heard my 347. It's set up for 'lower' end torque. If you want the spec sheet I can send it to you. 425hp at the ground.
Holy cow that's got to be close to 500 hp at the motor. I'd like to see your spec sheet if possible.

Craig