• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Maybe we should create a new term...Rat Rod Broncos!

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
There's hell of alot more than one guy. You must be going to the wrong ones. I just went to one in Philly a few weeks ago called the Hot Rod Hoedown. It's growing in popularity. CA is filled with the scene. Look at all the magazines dedicated to it. Jesse James even has his own mag dedicated to the hobby. What makes it so unique is it's representing a time when guys actually did this sort of thing. My father was/still is a greaser and back then people didn't spend $30,000 to restore cars. They would modify and make do with what they had. That's what the "rat rod" group tries to keep alive today. Again, it's all an opinion,and yes people do hack some jobs. I've also seen may fair share of EB's with some serious hillbilly inginuity on them.

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
After I get this:
DSC01803.jpg

crammed into this:
__sysMes.jpg

my EB will truly qualify as a Rat Rod Bronco.

My Bronco is not being built for form nor function, but for fun.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
If you read some of the links, the "best" rat rod engine is a Ford flathead, although ANY engine is acceptable (even bow ties!). Fordfilly's build is using a flathead - so 'Filly, is yours going to be a rat Bronco?? ;D

There's a guy on my mc forum that has a "Squirrel Bike" - he defines that as a Rat Bike with a good PR agent!

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I've been leaning this way on mine. Not at first, but once the tub jumped the trailer in Lawrence Kansas, a pretty bronco kind of went out the window.

John

OP
OP
M

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Has anyone purposely made a rat rod Bronco? If so....pics, please!

I think many are like me...rolled mine and as I put it back together, it looks more like a rat rod than a pretty Bronco....so, until it's pretty, if ever, I like the term Rat Rod Bronco...though a mild one compared to a more pure definition (which in itself isn't pure, either).

I can respect the rat rods.....a heck of a lot more than a ricer. No matter what people say, I'll never like ricers....and I own a nice Integra GSR that's pretty fast but it's staying somewhat stock and for heaven's sake QUIET!!! No f@rt cannons and big wings...yuck!!!!! Proof that money don't buy ya class!! Different thread on ricers.....this one's on rat rods.

Landho

Loc.
Cypress, TX
I think the PO of my Bronco was heading that route. Though, many just think it is a hack-job-piece-of-crap... well, my wife thinks that anyways. I love it - it has a certain charm to it. The 5.0 EFI motor isn't blinged out yet, but it does have a cool shiney Bronco scripted plate on the intake manifold. YESSSS

click pic for more​

hammer

Bronco Guru
I want to do a rat rod version of the "odd rod". Flat black with a white roof, primer red rims with chrome centre caps and white walls.

Attachments

• EBslammed-01.jpg
    EBslammed-01.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
M

Mikey

Bronco Guru
OK, ya got me...I don't understand squee-gee trucks either.....gee..let's pay all that money for a nice truck suspension that allows me to go darn near anywhere. Spend tons of money again to cut it all out and make it worse than a car and now it can't even go over a speed bump! And it looks TERRIBLE!

Ricers and Squee-Gee trucks....blah! :p

Now, your idea of turning that thing that used to be a Bronco into Rat Rod Bronco is a definite good idea.