• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who has cable twin shifter on their Atlas....any install issues?

WPS 73 Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
The Woodlands, Tx
I just placed an order for an Atlas 2 TC. The technician told me that the cable shifters won't work on an EB as there's too much interference for the cables, regardless of body lift.

Is this myth or truth?

who has done it and what are the issues?

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I was told the exact same thing from Advance Adapters and they very strongly recommended the Bronco Shift linkage they designed. It was cheaper than the cable setup.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I just placed an order for an Atlas 2 TC. The technician told me that the cable shifters won't work on an EB as there's too much interference for the cables, regardless of body lift.

Is this myth or truth?

who has done it and what are the issues?
TOTAL myth. TOTAL.

I've run cable shifters with several combos. Don't buy any cable shifters other than JBFab's. I don't get a cut (lol), I just haven't been stranded wtih theirs trying to shift the t-case with a screwdriver (in Moab with my wife 140 miles from camp) since I swapped to JBFab setups. Their cables/housings are soooo much heavier duty than the competitions that I was using and I ended up replacing 3 of the other brands on warranty. Then I met Jon- no issues ever since and it's been a long time! :)

Last edited:

nvrstuk

Contributor
If you have any specifics, keep asking. You will NOT have an issue with Jon's cable shifter setups. He is a straight shooter and Jon and Rhonda's shifters, brackets and service are top notch.

nvrstuk

Contributor
I wonder what's going on with AA and their inaccurate recommendations??

Last edited:

Mikes Early Bronco

Contributor
Oily Driveway Guy
I got the AA cable shifter kit with the Atlas TC. Well, since it’s here, I’ll make it work. If things go south I’ll go with JB.

A few years back I had a JB cable shift for a 205. I never installed it because plans changed. It was a beefy product though.

Attachments

• IMG_9907.jpeg
    IMG_9907.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 14

nvrstuk

Contributor
Wish ya the best. The "other" brand that I had only failed when I needed it.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
J B Fab is telling me he has a 2 speed shifter that works from front or rear.

nvrstuk, tell us about your setup.
You can trust Jon. Doesn’t even have a D20 cable shifter listed on his site for a J-Stick, but I have one from him. Twin stick D20 from a J and only needed a few cuts on the outside.

nvrstuk

Contributor
I have found like so many others, that a slight cut in costs has been commmon for decades for many firms while quality suffers.

AA cut costs on their output shafts for the toploader 4 speeds 35 yrs ago. I know this first hand since I went thru two of these in 4 yrs.

I get soooo frustrated with cost cutting. Either do it right or don't do it. Lifetime warranty to me means junk and I'll have to bring it back. I know, I'm the oddball here since I keep my junk forever and am not turning it over in the 12mo/12K miles warranty period like most. 12K miles for most is a decade or more, 12k for me is less than a year- even a low mileage yr

rocknhorse76

Contributor
Bronco owner since 1993 💪🏻
Loc.
Central WA
If you have any specifics, keep asking. You will NOT have an issue with Jon's cable shifter setups. He is a straight shooter and Jon and Rhonda's shifters, brackets and service are top notch.
I can also confirm that Jon’s shifters are top notch!