• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's the Rarest Color Bronco?

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
DownhillManiac99 said:
What about the Denver Bronco's? ;D

OH yea the Denver edition Bronco, Had one in my Shop ;D
75denver.jpg

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
Yea something like 50 to 100 made, No one really knows. they were all 1975 Stroppe preped from ford, Stroppe quit doing the baja, and what Ford had preped for him was all sold to a dealer in Golden CO, and marketed as the Denver Edition.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
Was never mine, A local guy bought it off Ebay in Nebraska and hualed it right to my shop. He did'nt know what he wanted me to do to it though, so it sat in my shop for 4 months. He really wanted a custom bronco kinda like my green one. I told him that was not the truck to do that to, he agreed and put it up for sale. I would have bought it off him, but I was in the process of adding on to my house, and was pretty much tapped. A ford collector in Michigan bought it a week or so later. I have'nt seen it since :'(

OP
OP
dedgar

dedgar

Sound like that bronco edition is the rarest color, although I'm not sure I'd say it's factory color because they only made 50 for one dealer. I'd say it's a very rare bronco, but the color is the same as a Strope. And his was not factory as far as I can tell.

My 70 just got roll cage as my wife was afraid of rolling over. But as you can tell, the "Happy Hooligan" really never goes off road.

Oh, it's color is Carmel Bronze Metalic. Although the metalic is pretty much gone... All original, except power steering and the new cage...

The picture shows it without the cage, I just got it finished tonight.

Derek
10651MVC-680S.JPG

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
HEy Guys,

I meant to say Durango Tan in the earlier thread. hd03sporty, Bucketobolts, and Tan72 seem to have color #2298. There was a Durango Package in '72 only which was a Durango Tan #2298 or "X" in color and an Explorer Sport Trim Package. It had all of the chrome of the Sport Package and had Sport fender Emblems, but the interior had the Explorer badge on the glovebox as well as brown seats with cloth center. the door panels were also a cross between the sport..(with silver on top) and the bottom color usually matched the seat, in this case kind of a medium caramel brown. "Golden Rod" is color #2298 and Durango Tan is also color #2298. broncohio has the '72 model colors as Durango Tan as color X. The auto color library chart has "Golden Rod" as a '72 color #2298 and '73 color as Durango Tan 2298. Not sure why. I had a brochure that advertised the '72 Explorer/Sport Durango Tan Package somewhere, but have misplaced it. Hope this helps. I still think it is kind of a rare color. Here are a few pics of a door and matching door panel from one of these Durango Tan '72 Explorer Sports. It originally had the Sport chrome around the door window frame, but I removed it.

hd03sporty- I still didn't get those pics for some reason. Shoot them to me again if you can. agouge@chartertn.net

Blue71

Attachments

• biteme1.jpg
    biteme1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Img_0004.jpg
    Img_0004.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Img_0005.jpg
    Img_0005.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 14
  • close up on table.jpg
    close up on table.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 16

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Something Ford did pretty often back in the day was to change the name of a color for different models and model years. Frinstance Dedgar's '70 Carmel Bronze Metalic is prolly the exact same as the Gold Glo used on '71-'73 Mustangs. "Eleanor" in the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" was Gold Glo.

BradM

Loc.
Solebury, PA
I forget the color name but my 77 is original. Its a total 70s color... I hope this picture posts ok...first time trying it..

Attachments

• oln 014.jpg
    oln 014.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 34
  • front flares.jpg
    front flares.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 47

broncojack

Contributor
Brad M. I belive your 77 Bronco's color is " Jade Glow " or color code "Y"