• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's is the best 2 Barrel carb for your money??

OP
OP
Mill KNOB

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
While my Carb is off and getting a face lift I am going to have the air breather Powder Coated. I will take a before picture this weekend and post up.

There is a guy I work with that does powder coating and does one heck of a good. Cheap too.;D

OP
OP
Mill KNOB

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Just got a call from the guy at GUARANTEED CARBURETORS and he said she is ready and I will get it Thursday (12/9/10). Man that was quick. I will post some pic up on it and let yall know how it does. I mailed it off on Thursday (12/2/10).

They also told me the carb needs nothing done to it just put it on the Bronco and run it.

OP
OP
Mill KNOB

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
OK OK Josh Here you go. This is the finsh product. I am very pleased with the look of every thing. The settings look different on it. The linkages on the excelerater pump is in different postions. Hope to get it back on the Bronco so time this week. My air breather is being sand blasted and powder coated. Hope to have it back by Monday or Tuesday.

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

Warhead13

Loc.
St. Augustine, Fl
Any updates on how it runs?

I just ordered from these guys today- said it will take a few days for him to build up a Motorcraft 2100 for my 70' ... I have a manual choke but am going to go with an electric...

OP
OP
Mill KNOB

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Any updates on how it runs?

I just ordered from these guys today- said it will take a few days for him to build up a Motorcraft 2100 for my 70' ... I have a manual choke but am going to go with an electric...

I plan on putting it on the Bronco this weekend. I will up date then. Glad to hear that you went with them to rebuild your carb. You being so close to them in Fla you should get it back real quick.... Let use know how they do on your carb.

Warhead13

Loc.
St. Augustine, Fl
I plan on putting it on the Bronco this weekend. I will up date then. Glad to hear that you went with them to rebuild your carb. You being so close to them in Fla you should get it back real quick.... Let use know how they do on your carb.

I did an online query/quote with them and they called me roughly 2 minutes after I hit submit. The Guy got the info from me, had to research some part #s and called me back 3 minutes after that. I went ahead and ordered one, he said it would be a few days before he got one built for me. I got e-mailed notice that they have shipped it and I should receive it tomorrow! So far I'm really liking this company...

They aren't rebuilding my carb, I'm getting one built from a core they have already and I'll send back my core... I'm excited as hell!

Warhead13

Loc.
St. Augustine, Fl
I got my carb less than 48 hours after ordering it! Looks very nice. Can't wait to install it and see how it does. Probably won't get to that for a week though.

Warhead13

Loc.
St. Augustine, Fl
Well, since the original poster hasn't given a report on his carb,(maybe he hasn't even installed it yet?) I'll give one on mine.
I got my carb the week before Christmas. Only issue I had with it is that the fuel inlet is a larger diameter, fitting type deal. The original fuel filter is too small to screw in. I went to the local auto-parts store and bought a 5/16 X 6" long steel brake line fitting and cut roughly in half as a homemade adapter for the rubber fuel line-It works but has a small leak in the threads. Oh, it fired right up! seems to run fine, except I need to adjust my idle... Also need to find a better solution to my fuel inlet adapter.

OP
OP
Mill KNOB

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
WarHead13 thank you for posting up on the new carb that you got from GUARANTEED CARBURETORS.

Sorry that I have not posted up on my carb that I got back from Gauranteed Carburetors. With Baby, work, and Christmas I have been busy.

I took the carb out of the box and bolted it on and every thing went back on it like it should. I didn't have any promblem with the fuel inlet like Warhead13 did. Once every thing was hook up like it should be I turn the key 4 times and pump the gas a couple and she came alive. I had to turn the timing up on my bronco from 4 degree to 10 degree because it had a small hesitation when taking off. But once the timing was turn up no more hesitation. My bronco runs the best now then it ever has. I am very happy with my carb.