• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's is the best 2 Barrel carb for your money??

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
I am in the market on buying a new 2 Barrel Carb for my Bronco. It has an 2100 auto lite on it right now that seems to have seen it's better days. The Carb was rebuilt about a year ago and just seems the rebuild didn't wake the Carb up.
I don't want to put a 4 Barrel on or a EFI system. Just an old 2 Barrel.

Let me know what is the best for your money?

Last edited:

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
I just brought home a 72 parts rig yesterday with one of those on it. I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow & could post up some pics if you like. $50 + whatever it costs to ship it in a flat rate box & I'll send it to you. Should fit in a $10 box no problem, maybe less.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I think the 2100 I'd probably the best carb out there. Why don't you buy a good reman, you won't find a better 2 barrel for wheeling that's for sure.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
A 2100 that isn't worn out is the best.

I have pulled 2-barrel holleys and replaced them with 2100s on other applications.

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Holley has 12R-5174B cast into the baseplate and 6R 1919B on the very top. Manual choke. Looks really clean in the venturies.

I've also got a Motorcraft 2 barrel that came off a '76 or '77 Bronco 302. Same deal, $50 + the ride in a flat rate box if you're interested.

Here's some pics of the Holley still on the 302 we just hauled to my place.

John

Attachments

• Holley 2.jpg
    Holley 2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 217
  • Holley 2.1.jpg
    Holley 2.1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Holley 2.2.jpg
    Holley 2.2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Holley 2.3.jpg
    Holley 2.3.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 166
OP
OP
Mill KNOB

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
UPDATE: I was talking to a buddy that is a gear head and he told me about a place on line call GUARANTEED CARBURETORS. I look them up oline and they have got there act togather with there reman carburetors reading some of there remarks that people have wrote about them. They didn't have reman for mine but I am going to send them mine and hope to get it soon. They where very helpful over the phone and try to find me something but nothing would match up to my Year Bronco. So I will take a before picture of my carb and will post it up and will take another one once I get it back. They make them look like they did under the hood from the factory. Plus they set the carbs to OEM spec. Suppose to be great right out of the Box. We will see.

Has any body delt with this company? If so how was there workman ship?

Check them out at http://www.guaranteedcarbs.com/index.html

Last edited:

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the 2BBL holley on my 77 right now but I'm putting a 2100 on it this weekend. I have always had better luck with the 2100s than any other 2BBL. I think getting a rebuilt or having yours professionally done is the way to go. My brother got a rebuilt 2100 from Advanced Auto for his 66 for just over $100 and it looks new.

psjoyal

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
So I will take a before picture of my carb and will post it up and will take another one once I get it back. They make them look like they did under the hood from the factory. Plus they set the carbs to OEM spec. Suppose to be great right out of the Box. We will see.

Haven't heard of them, but it sounds good. Look forward to your update.

Philip

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
2100 motorcraft cheap and easy to find. Easy to work on. Great offroad. You wont see much power increase without going to a bigger carb but then that opens up the can of worms with a new intake, exhaust, and tunning issues.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Loved my 2100 - rebuilt it and it worked at any angle. For some reason I've had excellent luck with a 4bbl Holley double pumper with mech secondaries. I've run it at some VERY steep angles, even side to side and it hasn't sputtered or died and not restarted.

Best part about that combo is with a Mustang 4bbl intake, that carb and the factory air cleaner fits under the hood :)

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Your stock Motorcraft 2bbl hands down. Cheap and easy to work onif needed. You can set the float down for wheeling as needed. Virtually indestructable IMO. Had on on for years before I went bigger. Kinda wish I still had it for wheelin':cry:

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Another vote for the stock carb. I had a Holley 2 bbl on at one time and it sucked serious ass. The only thing it was good for was highway driving. I ended up giving it away, went back to the original carb & then to EFI.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I dunno the hairy mechanic looks kinda sketchy

UPDATE: I was talking to a buddy that is a gear head and he told me about a place on line call GUARANTEED CARBURETORS. I look them up oline and they have got there act togather with there reman carburetors reading some of there remarks that people have wrote about them. They didn't have reman for mine but I am going to send them mine and hope to get it soon. They where very helpful over the phone and try to find me something but nothing would match up to my Year Bronco. So I will take a before picture of my carb and will post it up and will take another one once I get it back. They make them look like they did under the hood from the factory. Plus they set the carbs to OEM spec. Suppose to be great right out of the Box. We will see.

Check them out at http://www.guaranteedcarbs.com/index.html

OP
OP
Mill KNOB

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Here is two pictures of the carb before I sent it off. Will post new ones when I get it back.

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg