• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What did you break? What will you change before 2018 OCBR?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
What did you break? What will you change before OCBR 2018?

Just broke a hub this year, or at least that's all I know of so far. New steering up front and ram assist for next year............and finally going to put bead locks on %) Those are the for sure items. Long arms are on the short list though.

Other than the roll overs, didn't sound like there were too many major break downs this year that I heard of.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I thought I was going to have to do Hydroassist. I found a crushed steering stabilizer... no wonder I couldn't get the wheel to turn after the fluid warmed up.

Also scratched the rear of the right slider. I'll probably slap some paint on it...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
*Rear Passenger Shackle (Sheared completely Off) - replaced w/stock THANKS DARRYL Lewis - God father.

*Replaced Driver's side while at it - Nice long crack in it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Part 2:
* Broke/Sheared off Track Bar bracket on top of axle housing, had to tear apart, clean it up, welded back up. Thanks Nyles. Placed plate on back to box it in hopefully strengthen up some

FOUND: Drivers side of the bracket cracked, Looks like a new weld, re-enforcement is in order.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Gutted a water pump pulley upgraded to dual V and I need another fuel filter this ones awesome but gets clogged up. Thankful its cleanable!

NYLES

Bronco Guru
What did you break? What will you change before OCBR 2018?

Just broke a hub this year, or at least that's all I know of so far. New steering up front and ram assist for next year............and finally going to put bead locks on %) Those are the for sure items. Long arms are on the short list though.

Other than the roll overs, didn't sound like there were too many major break downs this year that I heard of.

Picker exploded a clutch

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My gas tank skid plate took a beating but you can't tell it by looks. But i'm pretty sure everyone heard it. over and over.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Part 3, still not going into Park, but it DID on a last trail on Sat, then quit going into gear all together, LOL Then started working again.

Decided to load it up, found a dang fuel leak. Driver's rail hose. Come home to unload find a bigger hole than I thought. Appears cut by a rock and / or a tree stump, Replaced it at home

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I got my wheels muddy and some rock rash on top of the door bar that was scraping my arm riding around:p

My only real carnage was a trailer tire on the way home

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Winch wiring came loose, rubbed the alt. pulley, burning belt, melting/arcing pulley.

Then TFI module died on the street cruise. #5 cylinder misfired, changed plug, wire and cap/rotor and it's still having an issue. Resorted to driving it Saturday with a miss.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
besides gas tank falling out twice%) yeah yeah that's it I was just driving along and it fell out:p
Broke axle wrap bar in half, next day broke rear u-joint
Next year
new leaf springs........get rid of the dang lift blocks
gas tank skid plate
long arms
put my bead locks on some tars, not sure what size yet. bead lock rims are 12"

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
Lost a rear upper shock bolt.

Next year hope to have EFI and other small oddities cleaned up on mine. Biggest of all would be to resurrect the 72 and bring it since it has not been in 5 years!

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm thrilled to report that other than needing to add a relay to my radiator fan all went remarkably well.

PaulC

Scratch one Dana20 tcase. Something made a noise while slow climbing up the big two rocks in that squeeze middle portion of the rock garden. Horrible place to discover you now only have 2wd high. Get back to camp to discover the case housing is broken/split completely over/across the top, and then across the output housing. Another tcase is in order, this one served well behind 5.0/Np435/203doubler w/39"s. Will get another D20 in there again to keep on wheeling, and will watch for deals a bargain on aftermarket tcase or adapter/np205.