• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what clutch to buy?

griff72sport

Loc.
pensacola,fl
time to replace the clutch on my rig. 72 stock 302 w 3 on the tree. dont do any wheelin and only about 2500 miles a year. should i go with Toms Bp clutch or the LUK clutch from JBG? Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Griff

austinbrose

Might be cheaper to just go to your local auto parts store. Shouldn't really matter much if it's stock and you don't abuse it. If you go to a newer style pressure plate (might be all that's available) you'll probably have to extend your clutch arm push rod, I had too.

beaux312

Loc.
Hartford, AL
I got one from the parts store cant remember what brand(probably some china brand) aint had no trouble, $150 not bad

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
LuK is a German brand but it many parts are made in Ohio. Good parts for near stock engines.

Arniep

Loc.
Polo,(Northwest) Mo
Bought one from Autozone, turned flywheel, bad chatter. They replaced it, same thing. I then had flywheel done again, new clutch kit, same problem. Took it back for refund, Went to Machine Supply, bought a good one ($80 more), cured problem. Didn't need the experience of 3 clutch changes. Money on better clutch kit was well spent