• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What Clutch and Flywheel to buy

COSCAG00

I am getting ready to order a new clutch kit for my engine swap and want to make sure I get the right one. I will also need a new flywheel so might order that at the same time.

Here is what I have:
Engine : 351W Casting # E4AE-6015-FA19 It looks to be from a 1984 2500 Truck and that's what the PO also said.

Transmission : NP435 with 10 splines

Looking around online there seems to be a 10" and 11" clutch. What size do i need?

Also from the research I have done all 351W are 28oz balance so I just need to get a flywheel that is balanced for 28oz right? I plan to run a serpentine off of a truck. I have a flywheel off of another 302 bronco but it is in pretty sad shape on the ring gear. Would I be better off buying new or installing a new ring gear and have the flywheel surfaced?

Is there anything else I am missing?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
yes you want a 28oz balance 164 tooth flywheel they fit either early 289,302's and all 351W's Always best to go with a 11in clutch bigger clutch more friction surface good for truck applications. Standard bronco clutch is 11in.
You can get new starter ring gears to install on the flywhell usaully only run about $20 but you may be better off just starting with a new flywheel

OP
OP
C

COSCAG00

Thanks, thats exactly what I needed to know.

Will get the parts ordered.