• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What can you find wrong with this picture?

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
What's wrong with this picture and don't overlook the obvious? Thanks to the previous PO I am having to undo many a FU!!!!%) And yes I am getting rid of that abomination, going stock or maybe 2.5" SL at most, no lift is my preference as it has to keep the 3" BL for intake clearance reason...Mo

t1041_031112145800.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
get correct springs, lose the lift blocks and lose 2" of the bodylift, cut hood for clearance, add cowl scoop.
Just my opinion.

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
besides the aluminum wedges those springs look like they have had 3 leafs added to them- must ride pretty ruff. And the spring plate is sideways

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
I hope you aren't driving that... It's a serious accident waiting to happen.

Nope, scary to think I did drive it a time or two like that not knowing, but once I figured out it was like that I haven't driven it. Pretty high on my to fix list.

Good shot of what can go wrong when you use lift blocks. Glad to say the PO is responsible for that mess, not me.

OP
OP
mofoco1

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Yep, quite a beauty ain't it? You guys spotted it plus the uncut 6" section of centering pin sticking thru the sideways spring plate, what you can not see it due to the angle is how they had to tweek the u bolts so that they fit in there. That's why it looks weird Clarrance. No I drove it around the block a few times in Aug. before I had an accident( not in it I was cycling and an idiot ran a red and took me out) and have been a parts collector till about a month and a half ago when I restarted the build. That drive made me rethink just getting on the road like my wife wanted and me fixing everything and upgrading it the way I always wanted to. There are a host of other PO F ups that I will post later as I address them....Mo;D

Last edited:

turbotim2

Its funny how there are tons of these "PO did this" threads; with so many members on here you'd think at least once we'd read, "Oh yea, I did that".

backpain

Bronco Guru
droopy fuel line and need larger exhaust for the monster you will put under the hood :)