• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

We got it running right!!

centex77

Y'all probably read my thread Lost Compression Need Ideas. Well, after getting the shop to fix their "custom carb" and replacing the damaged coil, we tore the whole top end down and reset the timing and adjusted the fuel pressure down.

Holy. Shit. This thing runs AWESOME!! No more spitting and sputtering. No more breaking up. It runs amazing. 4 freaking years and it's down to the last few details and it's done.

https://youtu.be/n_2jwFsfd3E
d7c1a987d64b3bed34ab065fa971afb0.jpg

1977 Ford Bronco/Fiberglass Body/302 bored .030/balanced/Twisted Wedge aluminum heads/cam/5spd/Locked w/ 4.10’s/35” BFG/4” suspension/3” body

OP
OP
C

centex77

Their custom carb had a fucked up float that was flooding it out, the fuel pressure was to high, coil was arching across the terminals, timing was off. So several minor items that they diagnosed as a bad short block and wanted $5500 to pull the motor and rering it. This thing is running great now.

Other than the brakes need to be bled some more, need a vac pump for the brakes, need to route the fuel tank vent, figure out why one of the front lights doesn't stay on with the running lights but blinks fine, figure out why the speedo doesn't work, why the dash lights don't turn on, why the fuel gauge reads full when empty and empty when half full, get it aligned, and then tighten bolts.

1977 Ford Bronco/Fiberglass Body/302 bored .030/balanced/Twisted Wedge aluminum heads/cam/5spd/Locked w/ 4.10’s/35” BFG/4” suspension/3” body

OP
OP
C

centex77

And the rear main seal is leaking and the rebuilt transfer case is leaking. Guess that's why they call them projects.

OP
OP
C

centex77

No. Got tired of scrolling. I'll go do that.

OP
OP
C

centex77

Well the shops “custom” Holley is once again flooding cylinders with fuel. I'm replacing it with the edelbrock from my blazer since I don't need it anymore.