• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Time Passes on a long build..

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Jack Nicholson retired from acting due to memory loss .........only saying bc " i was told " you look like him !

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hadn't worked on mine for almost 10 years. I catch myself saying look at what the previous owner (me) did. what a dumb ass

I started the EB flathead project over 10 years ago. Collecting pieces and parts..planning it out. It wasn't until about 2007 that I really made any progress with the engine build. Now here we are ..2014..and I'm finally close to lighting off the engine and getting motivated to finish the body.

Funny ting...it started out as a 4.6 V-8 EB project. I bought a very early 4.6L back in..'97?...and planned to be the first to install one of those in an EB.

I'm just too slow.:-X

americanhorses

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, California
I started the EB flathead project over 10 years ago. Collecting pieces and parts..planning it out. It wasn't until about 2007 that I really made any progress with the engine build. Now here we are ..2014..and I'm finally close to lighting off the engine and getting motivated to finish the body.

Funny ting...it started out as a 4.6 V-8 EB project. I bought a very early 4.6L back in..'97?...and planned to be the first to install one of those in an EB.

I'm just too slow.:-X

Slow is me. I bought 2 matching state of the art Pioneer cassette decks 15 years ago. One for the Bronco and one for the Belvedere. Just put it in. At least I upgraded from an 8-track.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Slow is me. I bought 2 matching state of the art Pioneer cassette decks 15 years ago. One for the Bronco and one for the Belvedere. Just put it in. At least I upgraded from an 8-track.

I would still have my 8-track player (Craig..nothing better...;D..big ole monster bent-axis unit that took up practically the entire hump in my '66 Mustang) if I hadn't lost close to a hundred 8-track tapes..my entire collection..when my camper burnt down.:-X

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
HA! I had one of those in my 72 F-100 back in high school

This one?

Sure looks like it! ;D Man I was proud of that thing. The envy of all my peers. And I could strip the wadded up tape out of an 8-track cassette and wind it back in by hand, faster than you could say "Jimmi Hendrix".

;D

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
Sure looks like it! ;D Man I was proud of that thing. The envy of all my peers. And I could strip the wadded up tape out of an 8-track cassette and wind it back in by hand, faster than you could say "Jimmi Hendrix".

;D

Anyone who endured 8 tracks back in the day surely appreciate digital storage now. Those cassettes never worked right, and that clunk clunk when tracks changed... I don't miss.

backpain

Bronco Guru
Show off!! :mad:

Last time I did that . . . .

Took the vehicle (non EB) out for a test drive early Sunday AM. As soon as I hit 55+ I hear this loud "swooooosh" and, suddenly a lot of wind noise. Prompted me to look in the rear view. "$&@&&$" as I saw my glass sunroof glide back down from outer space back onto the freeway behind me. All was fine for the first two cars . . . .then . . ."crunch." Yeah! I forgot I had not bolted it back in, but just left it sitting there, 3 weeks prior after reassembling and them moving on to engine issues. That was a $700 mistake.

So, as above, write it down. But if you don't - don't worry - someone else (me) will provide better comic relief. There's always someone richer, smarter, or dumber. Focus on the latter.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone who endured 8 tracks back in the day surely appreciate digital storage now. Those cassettes never worked right, and that clunk clunk when tracks changed... I don't miss.

Who remembers seeing the long black streamers that would be all tangled up in the bushes alongside roads back then?...the sad remains of another 8-track tape that got eaten by the tape player, rudely removed and then angrily tossed out the window.;D