• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Brother Passes On

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
After an extremely busy week/weekend, I am finally able to sit down and spend a little time telling of the sad news of the passing of fellow bronco brother Lew Rosenberg (Tierra). Late last week Lew's wife Doreen contacted me that he had passed on after 3 1/2 years of battling a rare and aggressive soft tissue cancer. The origin of this disease is unknown as Lew lived a clean, habit free life. This type of cancer only makes up about 2% of all types.

Lew was a lifelong geologist, living New Mexico, but always seemed to be traveling to the California coast as this was his territory for work. He is very well known and respected for his documents, periodicals and maps he generated over his career in the geology world.

He and I became great friends over the past several years. I will never forget that first email from Lew asking and inquiring to me about those "1966 Bronco oddities"! He saw a post on CB here about some of us explaining the '66 uniquenesses. It was that "one of a kind tailgate line" that got us conversing. He went on to explain to me that he had been documenting the differences of all the years of the early bronco as well as the trim packages. From then on, Lew and I had solid intentions to collaborate on a early bronco book to explain those differences. He had a ton of experience compiling information and getting it to book form from his occupation. Unfortunately the past couple of years was very tough for him and that book was put on hold. My only regret is that we never met face to face!

Lew did love the "Bronco" very much as well as other vintage Ford vehicles. He owned a few trucks too. He had Steve from BigSkyBroncos do a full body-off restoration on his bare bone stock 1973 U153 Wagon in original Skyview blue several years ago. It was about as basic of a bronco as you could get. Just everything had to be correct and nos as much as possible!! And of course, he was very infatuated with the roadsters too! He never owned one but always reminded me that if I ever decided to sell my white survivor from New Mexico, he would bring it back home!

Will definitely miss Lew and never forget him! He was definitely a brother to me!:( tim

Attachments

• IMG_31652.jpg
    IMG_31652.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 146
  • broncofront.jpg
    broncofront.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 122
  • get-attachment-4.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment-4.aspx.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 121

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
that sucks Tim, sounds like a hell of a guy. Godspeed to Lew and thoughts and prayers with his family...

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Thanks Tim for posting this ....
Not only did I have the privilege & honor of knowing Lew as a friend I also was able to restore his '73 for him . It's been too long to exactally remember how we met , either thru Tim's contact or Lew just calling to ask Bronco questions but it just kept on goin' from there . Eventually he got around to wanting his Bronco restored & that was a blast as he wanted it " JUST-AS-IT-CAME-FROM-FORD" ! :eek:
I mean we saved ink stamps , everything .
I met Lew in person the Spring of '09 while visiting family in Albuquerque . We all got together for lunch at some rockin' Mex resturant downtown . Even tho his Bronco was scheduled for restore in a few months that was the first time I actually saw it in person . Of course we spent at least an hour talking about it in the parking lot while everyone else waited for us ... ;) ... it's a Bronco thing , ya know !
I believe it was just a few months after I completed his Bronco that he learned of the cancer . I was always amazed at how he handled the whole ordeal , never complained , hardly knew anything was wrong except for the months you wouldn't hear anything from him . Then Lew was back & going strong .
My wife & I got to spend a day with him the Spring of 2011 on another trip to NM . Went up to his place at Tijeras & hung out . ( see pic ) A funny episode from then :
He needed the "correct " lock nut that sets the knob on the J shifter as his was wrong .... yeah he was into the DETAILS ! So I brought him one & Edna says , " maybe we can write this trip off as business delivering bronco parts " .....:p
So Lew you're gonna be missed .... It was an honor knowing you .

Picture_2209.jpg

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Prayers to you and his family. Maybe you could finish the book in his honor.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Very sorry to hear this news. His family and friends have my condolences.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
It really sucks when one who has driven through life with such purpose and drive is taken from this earth at such a young age. The eye for detail he had was evident in that photo, He standing in the barn...by his perfect early bronco...with bales of hay near by....for those late night munchies..i guess....Godspeed..bronco.brother....best wishes to friends , familly, and bronco brothers....ride on....

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
My condolenses, thought and prayers sent out to his family and friends..

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
CANCER SUCKS !!

Our sincerest condolences and sympathies ! R.I.P.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Wow, too bad. From the stories (thanks for sharing them) he sounds like he was a great Bronco brother. Glad he at least got his baby done in time to enjoy it a little. Sounds like the type of guy you could sit and talk Broncos for hours and hours. My kind of guy. Prayers to those of you that knew him and to his family.

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
Very sad to hear this, Lew was a great person, and loved the early bronco. God speed Lew, you will be missed