• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thoughts on Original Color vs Change Color on stripped and primed body

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
pretty hung up on baytree green but my original color was light grabber blue (74 color code X). The body is dipped epoxy so it is a blank "canvas" I am working the motor and running gear now, so i hope to spray inner fenders and firewall this winter. Not planning on selling, but just curious what the bronco community thinks of a color change. After i saw Boonz Ole Blue's color i am more confused than ever. All trim will be satin black including wheels. Why is it so hard to choose a color lol. It was originally white trim, definitely did not like that color combo.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
It costs a whole chunk of change to paint from scratch so pick a color you want. Its a Bronco what ever color you choose will sell when the time comes. Its not like your going to loose money. If the Bronco was a Stroppe then maybe I would feel different. Then I might say use plasti dip over the Stroppe colors.

1owner66

Loc.
Georgetown Texas
I don't understand the big question with changing colors, engines, transmissions, suspensions, cutting fenders, etc.

It's either original stock or it isn't.

If you want a stocker go with what the VIN says.

If you change one thing you might as well change everything to make it what you want.

Just my opinion. ;)

boonz28

Contributor
Grabber blue of course!!!

Kidding, i say paint it whatever color you're going to enjoy seeing out in the garage every day the most.
While I've grown to LOVE the grabber blue on mine, grabber green is my favorite color and that's what color i plan to paint my next one.
If you're 50/50 and its a total coin flip, well then there is something cool about an older vehicle being the same color that it left the factory in.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'd go with whatever you like best man. Either will look great...

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, paint it the color YOU want. If you really like the green great. Nobody will know what it was before. You will have a Bronco cult / fan club no matter what. Green and black look great together. Good luck

mrdrnac

Contributor
Do it any color you like, mine's been Rangoon Red, then construction yellow, and now Corvette Arctic White!

nickgp

Bronco Guru
On bronco build number three and none have been done the original color.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
thanks guys, except for noonz, i was all good with green until i saw your blue. i was curious as to what you guys thought. no doubt it will not be anywhere close to original as far as running gear goes, 4.88s, 4r70, and explore efi.

boonz28

Contributor
I painted my front bumper black and reinstalled it. Looks better now. I can post another picture if that would help lol ;D

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I painted my front bumper black and reinstalled it. Looks better now. I can post another picture if that would help lol ;D

your killing me lol. please post that pic on this thread

boonz28

Contributor
Hahaha here ya go, still need to paint the rear.

6d6ae7b3d0cb421d216cd9b969115bcb.jpg

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I was like you too, couldn't choose a color for the life of me, so scrolled through some books and decided I wanted to at least keep it a original Ford color, so I went with 74 Limestone green metallic, with black accents. The rig was originally red, but since I replaced 90 percent of the original sheet metal I figured a color change was in order. So paint it the color you want, like was said earlier, if its not a stroppe, then go for it. OH boonz28, you have one beautiful rig my friend,wow! Jim:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0855.jpg
    IMG_0855.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was like you too, couldn't choose a color for the life of me, so scrolled through some books and decided I wanted to at least keep it a original Ford color, so I went with 74 Limestone green metallic, with black accents. The rig was originally red, but since I replaced 90 percent of the original sheet metal I figured a color change was in order. So paint it the color you want, like was said earlier, if its not a stroppe, then go for it. OH boonz28, you have one beautiful rig my friend,wow! Jim:cool:

love the limestone poly but we are going single stage so i will stick with a solid non metallic color. going to look at grabber green, be back in a minute