• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Long Build

turbotim2

Well it has only been 10 years since I started to tear down my Bronco for a frame off resto mod. I think I might actually have it done for next summer should everything go well. With the light at the end of the tunnel I thought I would start a build thread now as opposed to letting this drag on for the last 10 years. As with most people and their hobbies, time and money were responsible for the big delays.

I bought the Bronco back in 1999 and drove it summers until 2006 when I tore it apart. I didn't know much about them when I bought it other than I liked it and it was in decent shape. Over the years I have learned about Broncos and more about mine. Its a 77 and probably one of the first 77's off the line with serial number 00026. It does not have fuel doors and never did which I know is somewhat of a controversial statement but it is what it is. When I bought it, it came with a 302 (1968 from an Econoline van from what the PO told me and the numbers on the block support this), a 3 speed manual, power disc brakes and power steering. It was all stock suspension, D44, 9" with 3.54:1 gears and a trac-lok. It also had some funky paint work on it where the PO was going for... well I have no idea what he was going for but there was red, white and blue painted parts all over it. This thread will probably take me a few days to bring up to speed.

Attachments

• DSCN0245_2.jpg
    DSCN0245_2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCN0251_2.jpg
    DSCN0251_2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 104

doghows72

Bronco Guru
That is a pile of work! I can see why it has taken some time. Sheet metal work is a long and tedious process. Your doing a great job, keep it coming!!

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
wow Tim, nice job! that is quite a bit of work. look forward to seeing more.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Thanks! It was quite a bit of work but hopefully worth it in the end. I should also mention that I am building this to be a driver not a show car so there are imperfections.

After test fitting the doors and new fenders (JBG also and not a great fit, I think from Taiwan) it was time to brace the tub and pull it. I just used some 1-1/2" angle iron welded up and an engine crane.

Looking great. Good to see you are building a "driver." It will be seen, used and enjoyed much more by you and many more folks.

I quickly learned with my old "driver" Vette, I didn't quite fit with some of the NCRS restored crowd. But I can drive and enjoy it and the Bronco anytime of year and almost anywhere. They each have received a chip and scratch here and there, but I cuss at it once, hop in, and enjoy the ride! Much more fun than parking it somewhere with a fancy rope around it! Unless you have one of each version! ;D

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Looking good. C4 shift lever and the kickdown lever are on backwards.

Attachments

• Bronco 045.jpg
    Bronco 045.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 79

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
TIm it all looks great! You an Migs shaming me for even considering farming out the paint job on mine
Hank

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
wholey moley!! THAT is coming out great!!! be proud, looks wicked awesome!

doghows72

Bronco Guru
^^^^^ Time twelve, that color combo is way sweet. With that belt line molding on really makes it pop. Nice work!!

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
You go from something to nothing to awesomeness in 4 days 9 hours! You kill me! Looks great so far!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
START SHAKING!! may13, 2017....you heard it here first!! :cool: