• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sunroof

Fairlane514

Loc.
Houston
My 76 has a decent hardtop with the exception of a previous sunroof which was removed and "repaired."

My options are to start over with the repair or reinstall a sunroof.

Is a sunroof sacrilegious?

The repair is difficult when it comes to warping from welding. I have done a lot of body repair, so I know the process of keeping the area cool while welding.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I can weld sheet metal......but I think that would be exceedingly difficult. You would have access to both sides for the hammer and dolly work you would undoubtedly have to do, so I guess that is a plus.
The more I think about it the more I think a sunroof would be cool. If it was really heavy the roof may need additional support but I've seen other eb's with them without the additional support and they seemed fine.
Whether it is sacrilege or not I do not know but I suspect the hardcore guys wouldn't want it but they don't usually run a hardtop anyways.

BigToe

I'm about to try and bump a couple of dents in my top that showed up after a tree branch fell on it and I'm really surprised how flimsy the whole thing is. My dents are on the edge so I think it's doable but I'd be real hesitant to try and weld or use any filler in center section. I would probably think about a new sunroof.:cool:

BRONCROB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WISNER LA.
How bad is the patch?If it's not that bad outside you can get a headliner to cover the inside.As far as the patching process,it is a pain but not that bad.I just shortened my full top and made a half cab out of it without much trouble.I just so happen to have a section of top left it you happen to need a patch.Pay your $12 so you can post pics.

OP
OP
F

Fairlane514

Loc.
Houston
The topside doesn't look too bad, so it may be worth just sealing up the bottom and doing the headliner inserts.