• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rhino Liner, LineX or DIY

AZ4x4

Loc.
Colorado Springs
So the Bronco is coming together nicely and I'm thinking abut the interior. What do you all use for your lining needs. I got a quote from Rhino for about $475.00. Is there a better route for my wallet? Thanks for your help. Please send pics if you have them.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Always liked Line x, but the rhino liner will do the trick too

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A professional LineX install cannot be beat. It can be color matched as well. I have done numerous Truck beds, Jeeps and Broncos with LineX. Never disappointed.

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Linex all the way. I tried the DIY raptor and was not happy at all. May have been me but I peeled it right off and went Linex!

Last edited:

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
I'll throw in my $0.02 and say I wouldn't recommend Herculiner DIY stuff. That's what I used on mine and it's pretty soft and wearing out after only a few years.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
$475 is cheap. You'd have close to that in materials alone if doing it yourself with a far inferior product. Line-X is popular here and is a great product too. Did my last rig with it and I'm very happy with it.

tortoiseracer

Loc.
Tempe
I have the Line-x in the bed of my pickup. Had it colored to match the white of my truck as I live in az and any other color would have left me with a blistered butt if I sat on the tailgate. I am not so happy. It is really rough, almost like 60 grit sandpaper. Also pretty slippery. Also the grey color of the material is bleeding through the color and the white is almost turning a greenish color in some spots. Also the grit traps dirt and grease making it hard to clean off. Had rhino in the last truck and that was really tough and never gave me any issues. I had a cab on that truck so the sunlight causing near fire heat conditions of the material was not so much an issue.
Chris

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I've heard good things about LINE-X but I did mine myself,can't remember the name of the stuff,bought it from a member here. ;D

Attachments

• Bed Liner 2nd coat.jpg
    Bed Liner 2nd coat.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Bed Liner 2nd coat 2.jpg
    Bed Liner 2nd coat 2.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Bed Liner 2nd coat 4.jpg
    Bed Liner 2nd coat 4.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 135

Bdhand

Contributor
I'm gonna go with LineX in mine once I get to that point!

BroncoJimbo

Contributor
Long-term owner
Loc.
North GA
We used Monstaliner in my son's CJ5. A gallon was enough for two CJs so it should cover a Bronco. It is a world's better finish than the Durabak I used on the Bronco many moons ago. Can't say how it will last but the Jeep crowd likes it. It also comes in a bunch of different colors.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
If your dead set on bed liner I'd go with U-pol Raptor liner. ANY bedliner quality is purely dependent on your prep, the pressure you spray it at, and if you've practiced. I've shot a ton of Raptor, it really is easy to use. I prefer about 90 PSI and try to get 2-3 lighter coats to get the desired coverage and texture. A 1 gallon kit was $125 a few years ago... A gallon should easily do the interior and probably the bottom of the tub as well.

Keep in mind that ALL bed liner eventually fades! The line-X in the bed of my Dodge 'was' color matched 10 years ago, it's a chalky pink now....

gambling209

line-x now has something in the liner that doesn't let the sun turn it the chalky color.

twisted 66

Contributor
Loc.
Norcal-Tracy
If your dead set on bed liner I'd go with U-pol Raptor liner. ANY bedliner quality is purely dependent on your prep, the pressure you spray it at, and if you've practiced. I've shot a ton of Raptor, it really is easy to use. I prefer about 90 PSI and try to get 2-3 lighter coats to get the desired coverage and texture. A 1 gallon kit was $125 a few years ago... A gallon should easily do the interior and probably the bottom of the tub as well.

Keep in mind that ALL bed liner eventually fades! The line-X in the bed of my Dodge 'was' color matched 10 years ago, it's a chalky pink now....

I agree..
I did the Raptor in mine and it came out looking just like Line-X finish. Obviously it is not nearly as good as Line-X but for a little over $100 cant beat it. It is all in the prep and masking and air supply and spray technique. Just take the time to do it right and it will come out awesome.

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
I have Durabak lining in mine that I installed 17 years ago. I wish I never applied a coating at all. I am now scratching my head trying to figure out how difficult it will be to remove and put carpet in instead.

It changed color after a few years (light grey to a chalky version of the same color but with a hint of green tinge). It is really rough and not comfortable to the touch. Not to mention that it catches dirt and it is hard to clean. Also, it looks cheap because you see all the body seams.

Maybe a professional bedliner is better, but that probably means it will just be more difficult to remove in the future.

Eric

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
From my research into it Line-X can be applied very rough to nearly smooth, probably all the professional liners can be.
It was mentioned that the smooth liner is pretty slippery, so probably not what you want anywhere you would step on if it was wet.