• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

painting over rhino liner

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My rhino liner still in pretty good shape after 18 years but I would like to get that fresh look again. I am considering painting it. Anybody done this and have recommendations on type of paint. I am not going to spray it. I will either roll it or brush it.
Thanks

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hadn't thought about thinning it but I can see how on the roughs surface that would help.
Thanks,

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
I had a pickup with Rhino liner and thought the same thing. Turned out a good power washing and some simple green cleaner made it look new again.

BroncoJimbo

Contributor
Long-term owner
Loc.
North GA
My 20 yr old Durabak is still sticking good but looks awful and holds dirt like crazy. When I used Monstaliner on my son's CJ5 I tried some over the Durabak. It is still sticking 5 years later so I was considering just going over the Durabak with Monstaliner
More expensive than paint but probably worth it.