• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Only a Bronco guy would understand

OP
OP
Tiko433

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Here's the deal. If it blew up on the dyno, it would have blown up on the street or trail. Better to have it happen there than in the middle of east bumf-k where ever.

Actually 100% right about that.... now that you pointed that out , come to think of it every time I fix something I test drive . I’ll take it a little easy, open my ears up if everything sounds good then I hammer the crap out of it for a while. If it hold together we’re good ...

I should try to link a video it was kinda cool

trekgurl

Hahahah
My point is no matter how much work and prep something little pops up to remind you it’s a old truck. But that’s what we love about them

No truer statement has spoken. Its an old truck.. designed when door gaps weren't so important. I would suspect if you let me drive a 100-150K build (icon or whatever) around the block, I could fu the door gaps up easy. I supposed you could re-design/re-engineer it so that would "hold" the door gaps but it wouldn't look like a EB.

I had a 47 Indian one time and I was totally amazed it could sit a long time and I could go kick it slowly until the cylinder would catch th right stroke and it would start and run like a top. That flat head would shake, rattle, vibrate, smoke, but take you you down the road like nobody's business. I owned that thing 10 years or so and thats the only vehicle I ever spent a small amount money on. Gas, oil, plugs and go.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Looks awesome brother...

So Last July 4th we did one last beach trip with my Bronco before I did new motor and paint. We all know how much work is involved to do something like this, but it’s our passion that why we are here. I want to share one small thing that happened to me that reminds me it’s still a 45 year old truck.
I did a 347 and wanted to keep my Ford EFI. The 5.0 Explorer I replaced was awesome and trusted , had zero EFI issues since I did it harness by EFI guy, who we all know does a awesome job .
Since I was using my Explorer EFI with upgrades to support hp I needed a tune. I have a local tuner who wrote a base tune to break in the clutch and motor.
So yesterday was my day to take it to the tuner for final tuning.
All shined up, new rims and tires
I pull the truck out the garage and shut the driver door ...,,the F n thing don’t latch ! What the hell ? After all that work , tweaking checking double checking and the door does not latch. I take a deep breath grab a screwdriver and it’s good.
Had to share these old trucks gives you little reminders time to time

Since I’m here I will share the dyno
The good news is it didn’t blow up. He was impressed with the set up , said the tires kill the Hp , but said the torque was looked good makes it early and stays with it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
No truer statement has spoken. Its an old truck.. designed when door gaps weren't so important. I would suspect if you let me drive a 100-150K build (icon or whatever) around the block, I could fu the door gaps up easy. I supposed you could re-design/re-engineer it so that would "hold" the door gaps but it wouldn't look like a EB.

I had a 47 Indian one time and I was totally amazed it could sit a long time and I could go kick it slowly until the cylinder would catch th right stroke and it would start and run like a top. That flat head would shake, rattle, vibrate, smoke, but take you you down the road like nobody's business. I owned that thing 10 years or so and thats the only vehicle I ever spent a small amount money on. Gas, oil, plugs and go.

Amen to that..