• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco Vs. New Jeep

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Yup I saw some spy shots of the Ranger. Its IFS for sure. Its not bad looking at all. The biggest questions seem to be if they will offer a diesel in it like the global ranger over seas. It will for sure have an ecoboost motor most likely the 2.7 on the top trim level.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Yup I saw some spy shots of the Ranger. Its IFS for sure. Its not bad looking at all. The biggest questions seem to be if they will offer a diesel in it like the global ranger over seas. It will for sure have an ecoboost motor most likely the 2.7 on the top trim level.

Not a chance
Ford probably won't even offer a Manual transmission !

Can't get a manual on the F-150,
Just automatics for women

They build the connect in turkey with seats and carpet
Ship them here and strip it all out and toss it in the landfill

No idea whey they don't sell em with the seats still in it

Plus everywhere but the US they seek the connect with a turbo diesel 5 speed
All we get here is the gasser automatic

Ford sold the ranger everywhere else with a solid axle crew cab turbo diesel manual Trans

With the focus , ford sells the latest generation in Europe and we get the yesterday's news previous generation

It's pathetic

Nothing Special

I've heard that US emissions laws make it very difficult for car companies to sell diesels here (might be different regs for 3/4 ton + trucks?). So it might not be Ford's fault that they don't offer the same diesel options here as overseas.

And on transmissions, what percentage of F-150s were ordered in the US with manuals when they were available? It's not cost-effective for Ford (or most other companies) to offer a trans that almost nobody wants.

None of this really matters to me because Ford hasn't made a vehicle I'm interested in owning since 1997 (not that any other manufacturers have either). So I have my '97 F-250HD and my '71 Bronco and can't imagine ever wanting anything newer.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Not a chance
Ford probably won't even offer a Manual transmission !

Can't get a manual on the F-150,
Just automatics for women

They build the connect in turkey with seats and carpet
Ship them here and strip it all out and toss it in the landfill

No idea whey they don't sell em with the seats still in it

Plus everywhere but the US they seek the connect with a turbo diesel 5 speed
All we get here is the gasser automatic

Ford sold the ranger everywhere else with a solid axle crew cab turbo diesel manual Trans

With the focus , ford sells the latest generation in Europe and we get the yesterday's news previous generation

It's pathetic

The Focus RS has 350 HP and all wheel drive that can distribute power to individual wheels....

You think that is pathetic?

Check its specs
Then check yourself Ford Hater!
LMFAO

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
The Focus RS has 350 HP and all wheel drive that can distribute power to individual wheels....

You think that is pathetic?

Check its specs

Then check yourself Ford Hater!

LMFAO

Not talking about the current generation
The one sold here before the current gen was a generation behind the one ford sold in Europe

Good to see that ford can finally build something as good as a golf GTI or a WRX or civic R
Even if it's in very small numbers

It's still pathetic that the rest of the world gets solid axles and manual transmissions and we don't

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I've heard that US emissions laws make it very difficult for car companies to sell diesels here (might be different regs for 3/4 ton + trucks?). So it might not be Ford's fault that they don't offer the same diesel options here as overseas.

That is my understanding as well.

And on transmissions, what percentage of F-150s were ordered in the US with manuals when they were available? It's not cost-effective for Ford (or most other companies) to offer a trans that almost nobody wants.

Less than 5% of current drivers can drive manual shift.

None of this really matters to me because Ford hasn't made a vehicle I'm interested in owning since 1997 (not that any other manufacturers have either). So I have my '97 F-250HD and my '71 Bronco and can't imagine ever wanting anything newer.

Pretty much my feelings as well.

That about sums it up. :cool:

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Most owners of four- or all-wheel-drive vehicles never go off-road, so Ford is hoping to snag the cache that comes with a rugged image, without building in costly extra capability few drivers will ever use.

Definitely not looking good.

Most of the Soccer Utility Vehicles on the market today will take you TO the mountains or TO the beach.

Last edited:

No Hay

Bronco Guru
“We’re going to play differently,” Farley says. “Our recreational position is not like off-road crawling. It’s go to the beach, go to the mountains, be safe and confident you can get there.”
That's doesn't sound good.:(

That's how I read it too.

Ford has almost lost my attention already, and the model isn't even here yet. Sheesh. There are many brands and models that can do those specific things better than Ford can I think. But then they lost my interest in general a long time ago. It better be a good surprise.

Laxdad32

Contributor
Loc.
Fort Morgan, CO
I guess the good news is if it isn't going to really compete with the Wrangler, I won't be tempted to buy one. That will save a lot of money for me to put into my '75.

asappin

I'm still being optimistic on the 2020 Bronco. If you look at a bare stock 1st generation Bronco you wouldn't think it was an off roading beast. It had small tires and set low in the front but the top could come off which was a cool feature that made it a must purchase vehicle. Anything that comes out of the factory will need to be lifted and customized to provide the look that we want out of it. The key is for Ford to build something that has solid axles and enough cool features that will promote people to purchase and customize to their liking.

That may just be my thinking though

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Solid axles?!?

It is not going to have solid axles.
Looking rugged without being rugged does not take solid axles.

It is based on the new Ranger which is IFS, so it will be IFS.

asappin

ahh I haven't kept up with the Ranger so I didn't realize the bronco would be IFS

OP
OP
BRONCOchild

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
The way I look at it, the Ranger platform is long enough for a 4-door and a 2-door. However, the facts and society are speaking toward the need for a 4-door.

I like my '73. However, when raising two teenage sons that are involved in baseball and karate, and not having to flip a seat forward and upward, but rather having the convenience of extra doors will always win for me. Plus, my folks and in-laws travel with us a lot. I don't need them having to contort themselves to try to sit in the back. Basically, I'm ok with a 4-door. The deciding factors will be functionality, durability and mpg.

If I want to wheel, then i'll just take an older 60'-80s beater.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Built to compete with ........ and lose to the Cherokee.
'Cause the Cherokee is still made to actually go off-road once you get to the mountains.

So all that stuff earlier about competing with the Wrangler was just hype to start up media buzz?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Until there is a true concept released or something that can be verified came from Ford I am not drawing any conclusions. Except it will be built on the global ranger platform, it will have IFS and it will be 4 door. I am ok with all of those things, I got my 67 if I want solid axles to go rock crawling with.

They are going to build what will sell to the largest market, yeah it sucks for people like us but makes sense for the companies bottom line. Just hope it has some retro styling and a decent drive train. I don't want to see another Ford escape.