• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco (Jeep) sound bar installation

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Thought I would post this for anyone with an interest in the topic. I installed a TJ/YJ sound bar on the roll bar. The sound bar is wider than the roll bar and requires making some brackets.
First I made brackets out of two pieces of angle iron - the 2" piece is 8" long and the 1" is "longer than needed" so I can cut it down after I measure it
IMG_1651.JPG IMG_1652.JPG

Next, I held the brackets on the roll bar so I could mark hole placement. I held the brackets on the roll bar and held the sound bar in position - the sound bar is too wide to fit against the main hoop, so I clamped the brackets on the roll bar and then I clamped the sound bar to the brackets out where it would fit and marked the proper sound-bar-to-roll -bar distance on the bracket. Next, I took everything down and laid the sound bar on a table (speaker sound down). I looked for the best location for the brackets and decided on the narrowest portion of the sound bar. Now I marked the final width of the bracket arm, which I trimmed off and dressed up a little by tapering the arm a little. Now I drilled 1/4" holes through the bracket and placed them back on the sound bar so I could mark those holes. I heated an all and pushed through bracket ho0les and on through the sound bar. Next, I drilled holes and inserted 1/4"- 20 RivNuts into the plastic case
IMG_1656.JPG IMG_1657.JPG

Next, I mounted the brackets to sound bar, re-clamped everything to the roll bar, and marked the 1/4" holes on the roll bar with a centering punch. Next, I drilled and inserted 1/4" - 20 RivNuts. Next. I loosely attached the brackets to the roll bar
IMG_1654.JPG IMG_1661.JPG IMG_1662.JPG

Next came the sound bar mounting. I mounted sound bar, tightened up all the 1/4" bolts, and hooked up the wire harness
IMG_1664.JPG IMG_1663.JPG IMG_1666.JPG