• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Jeep Gladiator AdvanTEK OEM Axles in a Bronco?

meanjean73

Loc.
Oregon
I had another thread going about a Dana 60 but to keep things simple figured I'd start another thread.

Anyone think these AdvanTEK axles would be a good choice for a Bronco if wanted to run 38-40" tires?

66" WMS to WMS

Front differential is in the correct location, similar to stock Bronco Dana 44

I would assume ground clearance with these axles and 37's would equal a Dana 60 and 40's?

Some things I read say these are as strong/stronger than a Dana 60? Not sure if this is the same type of axle in the new Bronco?

I see several pro's to the axle and some cons, figured I would ask the experts on here for their 2 cents.

https://spicerparts.com/parts/axle/...hnology#block-mobile-related-literature-block

Last edited:

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I would have used them in non bronco build if I could have found them for the right price.

As for strength the “ stronger than a 60 comments are people not really in the know that are either justifying their purchase or selling snake oil.

Cooter_76

Fred Williams from Dirt Every Day has a series of videos on YouTube where he installs a pair of these AdvanTEK axles in a 2018 JL. In this video he talks about why he chose these axles and plans to run 37's.

HoldMyPocket

Loc.
OC, CA
If you're looking to buy built axles I would checkout https://fusion4x4.com/

On an EB 40's are big in a proportion perspective in my personal opinion. I really think 37's are the sweet spot and running built Dana 44 axles keeps the weight down. BUT, if you're stretching your wheelbase and definitely want to run 40's then 2005+ super duty axles are in my opinion the way to go (and the way I'm going with my 78 F150). With my truck being just a little longer and wider than an EB I decided 37's and 1/2 ton axles wouldn't be enough. I agree that 40's + a Dana 60 are about the same as 37's and a dana 44/9 in ground clearance.