• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can new model Jeep headlight be put in a EB

Gsxr7000

Contributor
Can newer model jeep headlights, bulb and plug be wired in to a EB ? Will the housing and ring work ? Would be a cheap option for HED lights.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
A long time ago I was told you need to butcher the headlight bucket as the light is much deeper. Have not really looked lately.
I like the look of the Holley retrobrights and would go that way myself.

OP
OP
Gsxr7000

Gsxr7000

Contributor
A long time ago I was told you need to butcher the headlight bucket as the light is much deeper. Have not really looked lately.
I like the look of the Holley retrobrights and would go that way myself.
I've looked at those,but they are pricey.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
i don't see oem jeep led headlights being cheaper than holley or some of the other led options we have. after you factor in the effort to find a set and research or redo the wiring i don't think it's worth it. jeep has never been known for stellar beam pattern or light output either. why waste the time?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gsxr7000

Gsxr7000

Contributor
Thanks for the feedback. Not sure about the beam pattern, but you can get 2 headlights and bulbs new for about $80. Not sure what the plugs run. I was reading where someone had done this on a C10 and was pleased.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If you are talking headlights with bulbs, you are not looking at LED. Just old school Halogen. There are good Halogen choices out there. Better and probably less expensive than the Jeep option. And install better.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you are talking headlights with bulbs, you are not looking at LED. Just old school Halogen. There are good Halogen choices out there. Better and probably less expensive than the Jeep option. And install better.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4027688480...d=link&campid=5335857059&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=led+head...5_10451467&tag=mh0b-20&ref=pd_sl_8npc85qpmf_e

there are several LED bulbs out there. They dont seem to be very good. My sons used car came with LED bulbs and I put bulbs from the parts store and they were brighter than the LEDs in it.

TX-ZACH

Contributor
Loc.
Chappell Hill Texas
Having had a few jeeps in my life. On all of them the head lights are the 1st thing I remove. They are trash. Thats why they are $80

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Also, just because you can buy an LED bulb/light doesn't mean it will be "brighter" and brighter has absolutely n o t h i n g to do with beam pattern and getting all that "brightness" to the road out in front of you.

Grotes are one of the most stock looking 7" replacements that have an extremely good beam pattern & light output for almost 1/2 the price of Holley and 1/3 the price of the KC led replacement lights. These are the top two looking lights that don't look like they belong on an alien spaceship. :(

I think the Holleys are going for $200 ea and I just paid $110 each for another pair of Grotes.