• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

forrest36

Saw a similar one about a week ago.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1522334798487.jpg
    FB_IMG_1522334798487.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 227

Juiceman

Contributor
LOL Light shades... What will they think of next.

can't stand the light shades.... as far as the rendering itself - it is pretty cool, but would just take 1 person doing 55 around a 25 mph bend to put it on its roof and it would be deemed as dangerous as the Suzuki Samurai.....

Jaxgtc

Those light shades are interesting. I hate the colored neon glow rings that people are putting on Jeeps these days. There was a time when weird colors on the front of a vehicle would earn you a ticket... guess they don't care much any more.

SavageBurro

I'm am not sure what to think about this:
“For Jeep, it’s about rock-crawling in Moab. But our premise is completely different. We want to give people true off-road vehicles that are comfortable at higher speeds, on two-track trails, and do well in deep sand on the beach.” Mr. Farley says the future Bronco and unnamed small SUV won’t “look like doomsday vehicles, or have spartan, government-issued interiors.”

I want the bronco to be a little doomsday-ish and be very utilitarian. Having a suspension that can handle going fast in rough terrain is great. So is a plush interior... but it still has to be rugged and tough and why not out-compete Jeep in rockcrawling at places like Moab?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I'm am not sure what to think about this:
“For Jeep, it’s about rock-crawling in Moab. But our premise is completely different. We want to give people true off-road vehicles that are comfortable at higher speeds, on two-track trails, and do well in deep sand on the beach.” Mr. Farley says the future Bronco and unnamed small SUV won’t “look like doomsday vehicles, or have spartan, government-issued interiors.”

I want the bronco to be a little doomsday-ish and be very utilitarian. Having a suspension that can handle going fast in rough terrain is great. So is a plush interior... but it still has to be rugged and tough and why not out-compete Jeep in rockcrawling at places like Moab?

What it says to me is the earlier Wrangler beater hype was marketing BS.
All it was intended to do was build interest.

Ford never intended to build a Bronco to beat the Wrangler, just another generic Soccer Utility Vehicle.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Looks like an early Bronco and an FJ Cruiser had an illegitimate child.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it. Still, I like the look.

I pretty much agree with the other comments. My thoughts....the rear bulge is a bit much, maybe the door line carries to thru the back, wheel base seems real short, I dig the long trailing arms and solid axles. AND....none of this matters 'cause it ain't from Ford, but still fun to chat about. :)

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Another rendering posted this morning. More pictures, colors and how they got there at link.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...we-think-the-2020-ford-bronco-will-look-like/

Bleh. Reminds me of those giant wall clocks you see for sale at Target that are made to look vintage and like they are driven by gears, but is really just a facade of cheap plastic.

71y5JWD764L._SY463_.jpg