• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

Jakedog

I'm a bit intrigued. The new profile appears to be aimed at the Wrangler but then they say a "yet unnamed" smaller SUV will be the real off-roader?? That does not make sense to me! The covered profile pic certainly looks more like a Wrangler than a Grand Cherokee.

I didn't read that the smaller suv would be the real off roader. Where did it say that?

Jakedog

Looks an awful lot like the '04 concept that we all like.
If it has a solid front axle I will be shocked.
If the roof comes off, also shocked.
If it has both I will know one thing for sure,
FORD is listening to us, lol.

I was thinking the same thing about the 04 concept. I hope it looks way better than that one did.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I didn't read that the smaller suv would be the real off roader. Where did it say that?

Curious. It dose not say that now. It did say or infer that on the article in the first link when first written within hours of the Ford announcement. They had referred to the yet unnamed smaller SUV as a "real" off-roader. I don't see that in the article anymore. (That's why I used that term in my original comment.)

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Here's my take.

I am going to buy what the hell ever Ford sticks Bronco badge on. Yup I am one of those suckers.
But I am certain that the aftermarket will come to the rescue and help me make the new Bronco whatever I want it to be.

Can you dig it?

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
a teaser pic...

The front fender and windshield profiles look good, overall dimensions look good, wheel well size seems large, but round sucks.

tEvp2eD.jpg

Hope that isn't puke all over that cover.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Yet another new thread with no real information.
We already know that Ford will be making something that they will call a Bronco.

I could start a thread and post this pic and you would know just as much:
(It's a Kia Soul)

I guess Jon can add this to the 2020 Bronco thread too %)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Here's my take.

I am going to buy what the hell ever Ford sticks Bronco badge on. Yup I am one of those suckers.
But I am certain that the aftermarket will come to the rescue and help me make the new Bronco whatever I want it to be.

Can you dig it?

LOL. I can dig it....

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Looks like maybe a cross between an FJ Cruiser and a Jeep. Here is a Cruiser with a cover on it. Similar stature and profile.

Attachments

• 275-85-ev-i-big.jpg
    275-85-ev-i-big.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 91

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That image under the cover is the most promising thing I have seen yet.

**Nodding my head "yes."**

Clearly they weren't listening. We said "removable top", not removable tarp. %)

**Nodding my head "no."**

wonder if they'll have an uncut option ;D

The tarp looks uncut to me...??

happy april first is all i see

I've heard they intend to unveil at the NY Auto Show, which opens 2 days before Apr 1... hmmm....

Maybe it’s patina

How cool would a factory patina paint job be??? I mean, with the knowledge and tech we have nowdays??