• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help with engine rebuild

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
If you run 35's then 4.11's are about the gear you need for good power. If your offroading more I'd consider going even lower. 302's need to rev a little to be happy they are not low RPM torque monsters.
Most Ford T-19's will have a 4-1 first gear. there was a 6.32 but only in larger trucks like F500/600's and there was a 5-1 first availible for 2 years. Overall not bad for take off when you have higher gears but the rest of the gearing is pretty similar to the stock speed. actually the 4-1 t-19 has worse 2-3 gearing IMO. but anyways its those other gears that you will be in and goingdown the road will not be all that great especailly when you come to a hill you'll loose power quick thats where the axle gearing is needed.

Since your in the build process. A cam matched to your gearing and driving needs will be your best bet. Most of the cams we tend to run are fairly mild. Really dont need to add heads as you really wont gain a lot but if you can get some gt heads for next to nothing then they would be a good option E7 heads are fine as well just match your compression ratio to the head size and camshaft needs. A lot of people run cams like the eldelbrock performer or ones with similar specs with very good results.

OP
OP
R

rojo23

Loc.
Ashland, VA
I have the t19 with 4:1 first gear. Thanks everyone for the help. I am going to start tearing dow the engine and get it ready to go to the machine shop. I figured while it is out I might as well have it checked.