• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moto’s to live by

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
The instructors for the Air Force JROTC had a saying that my son brought home and used against me (I believed in being fashionably late) that was similar to what @dmoses42 said.
“To be on time is to be late. To be early is to be on time.”
I still can hear those words.

Randy

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Lack of planning on your part doesn't equal and emergency for me"
We tell our managers this on a weekly if not daily basis!
Working the feed room in a very busy newsroom I tell the new hires when they call my room it's 1 crisis at a time & if they don't have a crisis they don't get my time. :oops:

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Just a humorous one, not really a life lesson.

When looking for something you find it in the last place you look, so look there first.

LHardin

I have a couple:

"When you're up to your neck in alligators, watch out for the mosquitos". That's about the same as "Keep your eye on the ball".

The one I use the most when talking about ordering beef, ice cream or cake, " If you're going to die, die happy".

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
From the song, If you don't stand for something you'll stand for anything.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Because this saying we've all heard so many times is total BS.
"Practice makes perfect".

A good friend who was a shop teacher told me this when I was mentoring under him...

"Practice makes better".

So much more realistic for 99% of us.

Last edited: