• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mint 400 Movie plus Vintage Stroppe Pics

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Paul,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong Jeff, but it won't play for me. I get the different sized screen shots of the cover (that's your dad? cool...) but hitting the play button doesn't get anything. Clicking alternately shows the play and pause buttons, but nothing goes even if I sit there and watch for up to a minute.

Maybe I dont' have the proper player? Doesn't seem right, but figured my home-built comp might be at fault.

Thanks. Great shot at least!

Paul

Not my dad... I'm just guessing that it may be Brent Wingett. (This is about the time that Todd pops in with his words of wisdom.)

When I first click on the link it goes to a webpage that has the title "1973 Mint 400 - 16mm Film Conversion. If you click anywhere on that image another screen should open up. there will be a play arrow right above the left shoulder of the guy in the picture. If you click the arrow the film should start. Then if you hover over the playing video you'll see the toolbar at the bottom, with the full size icon all the way on the right.

I hope this works for you. Please let us know.

Thanks,

Jeff

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Hey Jeff it works and great stuff there thanks again man.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Love seeing big Bill Rush in there too!

Um, I think everyone loves it. Even me!

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Andrew,

Love seeing big Bill Rush in there too!

Um, I think everyone loves it. Even me!

I remember one of the Parker races when Bill Rush rolled his Bronco. With some help I remember they got it back on 4 wheels. And if my memory serves me, he messed up one of his arms (or wrists). His first aid technique involved duct tape. You know someone's tough when that kind of thing works. (I think I remember that he played in the NFL; but, I can't find anything when I Google his name.)

Take Care,

Jeff

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I heard that Bill wouldn't stop to pee unless at a pit. He'd just pee, and if so, get into the pits and have someone pour water all over him to wash it away thru his suit and into the seat. Todd....are you listening... LOL. JK = we have piss tube fittings in Torch and RR.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like seeing Malcolm Smith in there too. FUn. And Ben Ford.... not a tall guy.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Worked a treat that time! Just did the same thing and it worked. Great soundtrack too.
Oh, at least while Media Player was choosing the tunes. Opening scenes and the start of the race, Bernard Hermann's "7th Voyage of Sinbad" theme. Next the Deftones "Korea" followed up to the end of the race with Eric Clapton's "Groaning the Blues" to the finish line.
Actually not a bad mix!

Love seeing all that stuff. Wish I could just scroll the pointer of someone and up would pop their names and histories. Something for the future of facial recognition i guess.

Paul

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great Film! Looks like they stabilized it for you as well - make it easier to watch.
Thanks for posting it.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I heard that Bill wouldn't stop to pee unless at a pit. He'd just pee, and if so, get into the pits and have someone pour water all over him to wash it away thru his suit and into the seat. Todd....are you listening... LOL. JK = we have piss tube fittings in Torch and RR.

Yeah, I think that was Carl Jackson that told us that about Bill? :) Because he sometimes drove Colt after Bill did his stint.....

Todd Z.

Last edited:

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Great footage of vintage Las Vegas Fremont street during tech. Now that place is a dump! Cool race action. Love the snow.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Bajabrewer,

Great Film! Looks like they stabilized it for you as well - make it easier to watch.
Thanks for posting it.

Thanks for the suggestion about Memorable. Great service to use. It would be tough to justify converting a lot of films because of cost. In this case it was really worth it.

Thanks,

Jeff

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep Scott, that's Big Oly when she was still Crazy Colt, in Johnny Lightning livery, in one of the few races powered by propane supplied by Jeffs dad! Awesome stuff!

Love all those
First pic with Dick Russell hustling!
Second pic with CHiP officer
Third pic bronco with roof light
And the last with all the tow rigs and a beetle.

Taking a little time to look this thread over again. Great stuff JEFF!

House, that 3rd pic of Bronco with roof light is actually the first Bronco ambulance Stroppe made. Predecessor to the Balloon Chase ambulance. I have some pics of it somewhere, but not digi I dont think. Anyway, I believe it got parted out at a race - cannibalized for the racers...The doors and stretcher ended up on a Baja Bronco later on....

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Jeff, Todd Z. just linked me to this thread when I was asking about the Crazy Colt.

Awesome vintage images, thanks for sharing!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great Bronco Pics and some awesome "never before seen" shots of Big Oly. This one must be Big Oly with a different paint job?? Spare tire mounted differently and I don't know what that blue tank is in the rear, but the coleman water jugs and blue plexi are a dead giveaway! lol

I wonder if that's Terry Marvel's "Silver Fox" in the background right .....behind the beetle....