• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mail box built ford tough !!!!

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
In are neck of the woods ,are high school kids get created on how to blow up or nock down the mail boxes. Most of us have gone to PO boxes for the important stuff. But through the years one box has survive the kids. I guess its true ford tough!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2770.jpg
    IMG_2770.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 281

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Friend of mine kept losing his to people running over it

He sunk some train track about 5 feet down and capped around it with plywood
Looked real flimsy till they hit It

Same guy had kids trenching his yard with tire tracks

He dug a pit about 2 feet deep and put plywood over it
And laid the grass back
It would hold up his riding lawn mower just fine

But it didn't hold up some dick teenager in the BMW his daddy bought for him

brian72

Early Bronco Student
my grandfather did the same with a piece of railroad track. Capped it and waited. Then one of the neighbor kids left his front end in my grandfathers yard when the kid tried to run over the mailbox.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Back in 78 a rancher I sometimes did odd jobs for in college had me make a mail box out of schedule 40 pipe and 1/4 flat plate. Welded it all together ground it all off where it looked like any old mailbox and then welded a Sche 40 ten foot section of 4" pipe to it. He turned it upside down and poured it full of concrete and then sunk it in the ground to the proper height because he was tied of the local college kids tearing up his mailbox.

He ended up in court. Seems there is an issue with creating an attractive hazzard. the mailbox nearly killed tow guys that drove by it and hit it with a baseball bat shattering the bat and the idiots wrist. They were so pissed they turn arround and centered it at high speed. He spent far more money in court defending himself not only from criminal action by the county but also civil by the idiot driver, that he could have replaced one mail box a day for the rest of his life.

Theres a mentality out there that you cant defend your property with violent action. Its much the same logic as you cant bobby trap your front door with a shotgun.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
In are neck of the woods ,are high school kids get created on how to blow up or nock down the mail boxes. Most of us have gone to PO boxes for the important stuff. But through the years one box has survive the kids. I guess its true ford tough!!!

haha, I bet it has, looks pretty darn tough :D

BigBlueBronco71

Loc.
Santa Maria, CA
Friend of mine kept losing his to people running over it

He sunk some train track about 5 feet down and capped around it with plywood
Looked real flimsy till they hit It

Same guy had kids trenching his yard with tire tracks

He dug a pit about 2 feet deep and put plywood over it
And laid the grass back
It would hold up his riding lawn mower just fine

But it didn't hold up some dick teenager in the BMW his daddy bought for him