• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Longest/shortest frame up builds???

The Far Side

Contributor
I realized the other day that I am 2yrs into my build and probably have 2 more to go. Wondering if there are some 10+yr builds going on OR if someone could hammer out a complete build in <1yr???

lgdpt

People with lots of time do it in less than a year all the time. I did one in about a year when I was in my 20s.

Lots of people go over 10 years when life gets in the way. I know of a few that haven't been touched in 3-4 years (my brother owns them).

Im on year 5 with mine and really think this is the final year for me. Also I should have been done 2 years ago but my life keeps getting derailed.

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
They are early Broncos, survivors are in a 40+ year build!!!! As for my Bronco it started before it left the dealership. My uncle had the fenders cut and a PTO winch installed when he purchased it. I started my rebuild in 1995 when he passed it on to me, but didn't start the restoration until Oct 2017 though. That's
my smartass brain damaged comment for the day!

Kbpony

I started my re-do at the end of 2011. I’m getting close to the end. Maybe this year or next? There was an Iowa farmer on here several years ago that did a beautiful orange one as a winter shop project.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Built my restomod in 4 months. Started with just a tub, hand built chassis, suspension, cage, paint, everything. Had help with paint, did all the metal myself and had a 50 hour per week day job. It has evolved some since then but not much. Plan was a 2 year build, I just can’t do it, once it starts I just have to finish.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I began mine in 2013 and barely have the drivetrain complete. Here is the link to mine: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229232. I blame my wife, two kids, my parents, in-laws, huntn & fishn, college football, Tee Ball, South Carolina heat, work and military deployments.

I wouldn't change a thing!!!! I might be one of those who don't obsess with their bronco. Don't get me wrong I do want it done, but id rather be untangling my son's fishing line he wrapped around a stump on any Saturday of the year!!! So what it really boils down to is priorities and sacrafices.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm going since 2007. 13 years.

Had two 66's which I kept less than a year just make them driveable and then flip them. Big mistake...

I once and once only rebuild and paint a 65 mustang fastback GT in 30 days, but I was 24 with nothing else to do from 5AM to 9PM every single day.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru

myclsic69

2 years buying parts, then 3.5 years on the Frame up build (Evenings and Weekends)
Joined the site in 09 during the middle of the Build (needing serious tech help from this site)……. It was well worth the effort
Thanks to all for the support!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
SINCE 2011, getting real close though!

Attachments

• bones.jpg
    bones.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 20
  • gd8.jpg
    gd8.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 22

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I started my frame off rebuild in 2009 and it only took 6 months to get it running/driving/painted but I have been modifying it ever since. ;D