• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Longest Road Trip You've Driven the Bronco

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
So what's the farthest you've driven your Bronco away from the stable? We're planning a couple of road trips now that it's cooled off, nothing extreme, just ready to drive it more than 15 miles at a time:D

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Typically I don't stray more than 200-300 miles from home in my EB, but that's pretty true in general of any of the vehicles in the stable...otherwise I'm usually on a plane.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Drove my 77 and 75 Rangers several times, between the ski slopes of Colorado and Lincoln, NE. Approximately a 1200 mile round trip.

I will be taking my first trip in the 76 in a few weeks. About a 300 mile round trip, up to the Bronco Connection in Norfolk NE.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
We took an Bronco camping expedition trip from Bakersfield CA up eastern CA, OR, WA, and BC to Port George on Vancouver Island. Came back on the Pacific Coast Highway. Totaled close to 4000 miles.

RT

Bronco Guru
Last year we were on the road about 20 days, around the mid 4,000 mile mark. Then a few weeks after that I did another 800 mi or so to run the Big Bear Bronco Bash

This year about the same , only without the second run. We've been doing trips like this for about the last 13 years or so, poor Bronco doesn't see much down time being a Daily runner.

Sound like you're ready for a adventure. grab your tool kit , spare parts and duct tape and get out there man,,, it's a lotta fun ! ;D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
For me it was up to around Portaland, ME....about 130 miles one way. My two Maine brothers, Todd and Ken, drove theirs from Portland, ME to Moab and back last year. Wheeled them, broke them and drove them home......i think it was 2600 miles, ONE WAY!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In one of my EBs..probably about 150 miles each way, tops, but have done that distance many times.

In my '78 BB...routinely made 300-400 trips one way in that. Tellico..Tennessee (WITC)....north Georgia mountains..etc. Wheeled it..then drove it back home.

Filly's '79 BB is the one that we really ran long distance...all the way from Olympia, Washington to St. Geroge's Island, MD..pulling a U-haul. And we took the scenic route..Yellowstone and the. Over 3000 miles..

But the BB's are quite comfy on those long runs.;)

stoker

Quite a few years ago I drove a 75 EB from Halifax, NS to St Catharines, Ont. and back. 1900 kilmeters each way. (1200 miles). Also made trips to Montreal & Ottawa a couple of times. Once drove from St Catherines, Ont to Montreal, Que and back one weekend in the middle of February in bitterly cold temperatures. Daytime was not too bad but when the temperature fell at night the cab of the bronco never got above freezing!!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Life is a road trip. So far my Bronco is 20 years into it.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I made Galveston twice. Once to Clayton, OK. Dozens of time to Gilmer. I've never had a trip without problems. That was part of the experience but i never went on those trips alone.

Eugene

ransil

Bronco Guru
8000+ miles sandy eggo to meas az to Idaho down thru Denver to new Orleans over to obx then to Pittsburgh pa lots of side trips in between time was around 45 days.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I once drove mine about 10 miles round trip. It was terrifying. The only brake that worked was the left front, it rode like a lumber wagon and the carb started leaking gas like a sieve. I came back home, tore it down and will hopefully have it back together soon. I then plan on many trips with the bronco. Hopefully out west and to the east coast. I would love to see Maine.

Henry

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Breckenridge Co to Ann Arbor Mi 1300 miles 24 years ago - I think I'm due for another road trip. ;D

broncopete78

Loc.
ID
Seattle to Larimie,Wy.(Wyo-Tech) with soft top and soft doors....... in January!!!!! and only one speeding ticket:)

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Back in the day%) with my '67 I wish I'd never sold:cry: Tulsa, OK - Carlsbad, NM - Abq., NM - Tulsa, OK in 2 days middle of summer. Model 265 A/C doesn't work very good that time of year.

Jim W.

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
When I moved back from Nashville to Baton Rouge I drove the Natchez Trace Pkwy Nashville to Natchez the hwy to BR 3 times with a trailer. Beautiful drive... Didn't seem nearly as long as it was.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Drove my blue one from the house to Townsend, Tennessee for the Super Celebration in 2010, and then drove it back. Little over 200 miles or so one way. Was nervous, but it was a blast! :cool:

I drove my red one to my neighbor's and decided it wasn't safe for the highway. Approximately 1/8 mile. %)