• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lee's Special 76 Decor Build Thread

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
Man you did some awesome work here! Love the stripes!! The wheels are the ONLY negative, but that is only my opinion. Some ford alcoas, or oem steelies with hubcaps would be so cherry! I'm jealous of your rig. Thanks for putting the build on the site.

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Kool Rest

After a lot of searching I found one of these for a reasonable price :eek: . I like the vintage look and everyone has to admit having a cup holder works out... :)

Attachments

• 153_Kooler.jpg
    153_Kooler.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 154_Kooler_Rest.jpg
    154_Kooler_Rest.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 73

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
After a lot of searching I found one of these for a reasonable price :eek: . I like the vintage look and everyone has to admit having a cup holder works out... :)

They are great...... Be careful, they can tip forward real easy when the cup holders are loaded.... I keep my fire extinguisher wedged under the front.

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

They are great...... Be careful, they can tip forward real easy when the cup holders are loaded.... I keep my fire extinguisher wedged under the front.

Great idea!!! I planned to use some velcro to hold it from sliding, but yes I'll put the extinguisher in the front too...

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Mag Wheel Covers

I know these were only offered on a few 77 models but I decided to swap over to them.

Plus I scored a NOS set!!! Even with the original FORD boxes...

Attachments

• 155_Mag_Wheel_Covers.jpg
    155_Mag_Wheel_Covers.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Test Fitting the wheel covers

I test fitted the steel wheels and the hubcaps / wheel covers. I really like this look and happy I found the set. Oh, and I am going to get new tires so don't look at the white letters. :)

Attachments

• 156_Testing_wheels.jpg
    156_Testing_wheels.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 46

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I test fitted the steel wheels and the hubcaps / wheel covers. I really like this look and happy I found the set. Oh, and I am going to get new tires so don't look at the white letters. :)

looks good man...

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Steel Wheel Color

I took the wheels down to metal, primed, sanded, and painted the wheels back to as close to argent silver as I could. I think they are a little dark but oh well the hubcaps will cover them enough.

Attachments

• 157_wheel_Paint.jpg
    157_wheel_Paint.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

New wheels

After a lot of sanding and cleaning, I am really happy with the new wheel setup. The mag wheel covers put a real "complete" look on it.

Glacier Gray was the closest thing I could find to match the original wheel color...

Tires are KO2s 31x10.5...

Attachments

• 158_New_Tires.jpg
    158_New_Tires.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 47
  • 159_New_wheels.jpg
    159_New_wheels.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 64

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I really like the original rims and hubcaps on your Special Decor. It looks great.

OP
OP
fosgate150

fosgate150

Every show I go to I am either asked or told that the Bronco is Clemson orange. So after a local car show I decided to ride up to Clemson and take a few pictures...

It's not orange, its Cayan Red... :)

Attachments

• 161_Clemson.jpg
    161_Clemson.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 162_Clemson.jpg
    162_Clemson.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 35