• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

-6 AN fitting for the Explorer PS pump - Replacement for the infamous "Lee" fitting

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
-6 AN fitting for the Explorer PS pump - Replacement for the infamous "Lee" fitting

As was reported in several threads here recently, Tom and Gayle Lee closed Lee Power Steering a month or two ago and retired. That left folks without an option for the "Lee fitting" that so many have used to successfully adapt the Explorer power steering pump to a -6 AN hose fitting when crafting their own power steering hoses.

I knew that one of Lee's former employees had struck out on his own a few years ago so I contacted him when I knew Lees were closing. He of course knew of the fitting and was happy to make a replacement for the Bronco community. So I sent him a spare from my stock to document dimensions and a few days ago I got two samples of the replacement fitting he now sells. He combined the previous washer/fitting into one piece with the proper dimensions to seat into the pump for sealing.

The new company is called Power Steering Solution and it's based in Riverside, CA. The owner is Charlie Hutchison and he's established quite a good reputation for himself in the off road racing and aftermarket community in the last few years.

The website is www.powersteeringsolution.com - unfortunately the webpage is down at the moment but a fix is in process. They can viewed on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Power-Steering-Solution/252359961443316. Their phone # is 951-689-7470 and his email is charlie@powersteeringsolution.com.

The new fitting PN is 90013 and the cost is $15.95.

Hopefully this will be of use to someone and we can continue to have good products for our customized needs on our Broncos.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• fittings.JPG
    fittings.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 240

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Damn....
Thank you Todd.
You are one of the reasons I keep modding my eb with confidence. I know if I hit a road block like this that Todd will figure it out and post it for us all.

Thank you Sir. You truly are a friend to the eb community.

reynard101

Bronco Guru
Darn. I thought my back-up Explorer Lee fitting would be worth $$$$ since they've retired. I got my fitting just a few months ago from Lee. Was hoping to trade the fitting for a low mileage Stroppe barn find/survivor/with race history. Or at least a truck load of Premier Tranium hardware.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Darn. I thought my back-up Explorer Lee fitting would be worth $$$$ since they've retired. I got my fitting just a few months ago from Lee. Was hoping to trade the fitting for a low mileage Stroppe barn find/survivor/with race history. Or at least a truck load of Premier Tranium hardware.

Hahaha

I wondered the same thing after they closed down...

Dannyboy71

Is this the same fitting? found it at Hydratech brakes

AEROQUIP FBM2608 AN-6 ADAPTER

o 16mm x 1.5 Male Metric O-Ring to AN-6 Male Adapter
o Silver Zinc Dichromate Finish Mild Steel
o Fits most 1980 and newer Saginaw Steering Box Low
Pressure Outlet Ports
o Fits most 1980 and newer GM / Chrysler Hydraulic Brake
Assist Unit High Pressure Outlet Ports
o Fits most 1980 and newer Saginaw P Series Pumps with
Metric O-ring female output

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I ordered 6 fittings to hoard a few days before they closed, but they never shipped...... Glad there is a replacement.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Is this the same fitting? found it at Hydratech brakes

AEROQUIP FBM2608 AN-6 ADAPTER

o 16mm x 1.5 Male Metric O-Ring to AN-6 Male Adapter
o Silver Zinc Dichromate Finish Mild Steel
o Fits most 1980 and newer Saginaw Steering Box Low
Pressure Outlet Ports
o Fits most 1980 and newer GM / Chrysler Hydraulic Brake
Assist Unit High Pressure Outlet Ports
o Fits most 1980 and newer Saginaw P Series Pumps with
Metric O-ring female output

No. that is an "O-Ring Bump" fitting and you can find those in steel or aluminum at places like Summit. There's a Matching 18mm version for the other ports too.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aer-fbm2608
aer-fbm2608_w_ml.jpg

I use the 16mm aluminum versions in the typical GM EFI 10 micron fuel filter (Wix p/n 33481).

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Any news on these?

Three months later and their site is still under construction.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Thanks Todd, I don't need one at the moment but will soon when I start building a bronco with my daughter. To parrot what some others said, a good many of my mods on my bronco were due to you and the AZbronco tech site many years ago!

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Just to bring this back to the top, they have moved and have a new phone number. It is 760-998-2945.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Just to complicate things, Tom Lee Power Steering is back in business, with Tom Lee in as an adviser:

http://www.steertechgrp.com/

28259 Constellation Road
Valencia, CA 91355

818-768-0371

661-568-9170

​​​Info@steertechgrp.com

WOTracer

FYI,

By the way do not use the AEROQUIP FBM2608 AN-6 ADAPTER
or anything similar in the powering steering port if you are using the Explorer TC pump.
Did a powering steering box conversion from a 6 turn to a 3 turn box. Changed all the lines to use -6AN fittings. Used the aforementioned fitting and lost all power unless I had the engine at high idle. After much trouble shooting and finally dead headed the pump , to find I had no pressure at all. Long story short, the fitting is to long and depresses the bypass valve. In fact, it pushed it down enough to permanent keep the pump in bypass mode.
Another source for the proper fitting fot the TC pump is :
www.hydratechbraking.com
part # HBS9405 $19.95
the are located in Lebanon, Tn (615) 449-8261

KBUCK1

FYI,

By the way do not use the AEROQUIP FBM2608 AN-6 ADAPTER
or anything similar in the powering steering port if you are using the Explorer TC pump.
Did a powering steering box conversion from a 6 turn to a 3 turn box. Changed all the lines to use -6AN fittings. Used the aforementioned fitting and lost all power unless I had the engine at high idle. After much trouble shooting and finally dead headed the pump , to find I had no pressure at all. Long story short, the fitting is to long and depresses the bypass valve. In fact, it pushed it down enough to permanent keep the pump in bypass mode.
Another source for the proper fitting fot the TC pump is :
www.hydratechbraking.com
part # HBS9405 $19.95
the are located in Lebanon, Tn (615) 449-8261
I used a fitting from Summit Racing and its been over 3 years with no problems

Believe they have 15 different fittings. Ive attached photos of a few. One even specifies power steering

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170515-100720.jpg
    Screenshot_20170515-100720.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20170515-100706.jpg
    Screenshot_20170515-100706.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20170515-100646.jpg
    Screenshot_20170515-100646.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20170515-100638.jpg
    Screenshot_20170515-100638.jpg