• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lee manufacturing is closing their doors

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Just FYI... I emailed Lee Manufacturing today to inquire about a steering pump. I received an email back from them saying they're closing their doors at the end of June. So that sucks...

jpw

Tom and Gayle will be missed. We used them a lot in the shop over the years and have had incredible service. You're never rushed on the phone, they're always willing to help if have a problem, never got defensive. rare kind of business these days.

J

chuzie

Bronco Guru
So what are the alternatives available for explorer pump mods?

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
they've been at it a long time, I can understand them wanting to retire. shame they didn't sell out to keep things going.

jpw

if I understood him correctly Tom tried to grow his own replacement from within the company, ended up getting burned. I'm sure that's really frustrating and added to the motivation to close the doors.

J

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
That's sad to hear - they were the best and will be missed. Tom is an absolute power steering god.

One of his former employees started this company a few years ago:

http://www.powersteeringsolution.com

He has already built an excellent reputation in the off road racing community. Might be worth a look for future needs.

Todd Z.

Elite Broncos

Loc.
San Diego area
Howe Performance in Lakeside Ca. has been doing my race stuff and Bronco stuff for decades. Excellent work. Lee was great also, sad to see him go.

MartyG

Bronco Guru
Wow...I JUST had my pump and box redone by them a month ago. Was at their shop and commented how long they've been around! What a shame but they deserve to retire...quite a history there.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
its very good news that someone stepped in to keep it all going w. the orig. staff !!

I had trouble getting to forum, (my end I think?) so when I did here is what it said...

"After being a long time customer of Lee Power Steering, we couldn't stand by and watch a legacy fade away and now Steering TechnologyGroup is the new home of LEE Manufacturing.

Located in Valencia, California we have retained 3 of Tom's dedicated employees and brought Tom on as a consultant. Our location will be officially open on April 4th, however, if you or someone you know is in need of something please feel free to get in touch.

Allan Padelford
Owner, Steering Technology Group
www.steertechgrp.com
818-768-0371"

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
PSC boosted my Explorer pump too - there still are options.